Converti-holic's Anonymous: own a vert? tell us who you are what you've got

Crazy K

my name is jake and i just bought a 1994 cutlass supreme convertible it has 63000 miles and has the 3.4 dohc i paid $3000 for it but not after till i paid for it did i find that it needed an engine so now i have a $6000 car it is blue with white interior the car is in great condition and

the most im doing to it is a new stereo and wheels but being 17 and on a limited budget that will be for awhile but here are som pics of it now

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• Crazy K

• ManicMechanic

• GutlassSupreme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there everyone!

I'm Vince and I am the proud owner of a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible, Red with Black Top.

112000 MI on it but runs like a dream and has been very reliable. The top is in very good shape but the weatherstripping is beginning to go and will need to be replaced soon. The top motor is kinda of weak and needs to have the button held down for 3 to 5 minutes before it will go up, down is not a problem though.

Any idea on if that motor will need replacing? also the rear left window motor is out or jammed cause the window won't go down. I also want to redo the intake/exhaust and really really want to put in a HUD.

Any way here's a few pics of her

2683895974_8f8ae411a6.jpg?v=0

2683080513_7df9b12984.jpg?v=0

2683896342_5578a04d64.jpg?v=0

2683895914_483854caca.jpg?v=0

2683895974_8f8ae411a6.jpg?v=0

:mrgreen:

Hello and welcome fellow Chicagoan :high5: Very nice, but then, it's a vert, so what else is new? Obviously those pics weren't taken in the last few days :lol: Is it driven daily? Meaning this winter?

As for the HUD, you would need to swap the complete dash with a '95 Pontiac GP, as Olds did not offer that option in '95. :cry:

New weatherstripping is no longer available through GM as you may already know, or anywhere else for that matter. Used weatherstripping can be found occasionally on ebay, but way too over bid/priced. If you're referring to the outer rear quarter window weatherstripping needing to be replaced, very common, there is a thread in the "Vert" section with pics, on converting Camaro/Firebird door pieces. They can still be bought new from GM.

You should also post in the "Members Rides" section for more exposure.

There are fairly regular area meets. Hope you can make one. The cars always look better in person.

Tom

Hello and welcome fellow Chicagoan :high5: Very nice, but then, it's a vert, so what else is new? Obviously those pics weren't taken in the last few days :lol: Is it driven daily? Meaning this winter?

As for the HUD, you would need to swap the complete dash with a '95 Pontiac GP, as Olds did not offer that option in '95. :cry:

New weatherstripping is no longer available through GM as you may already know, or anywhere else for that matter. Used weatherstripping can be found occasionally on ebay, but way too over bid/priced. If you're referring to the outer rear quarter window weatherstripping needing to be replaced, very common, there is a thread in the "Vert" section with pics, on converting Camaro/Firebird door pieces. They can still be bought new from GM.

You should also post in the "Members Rides" section for more exposure.

There are fairly regular area meets. Hope you can make one. The cars always look better in person.

Tom

No those pics were taken in Aug 08 a few days after i brought it. Yes it is my daily driver and yes i have been driving it through the very nasty winter conditions we've had in Chicago this year. I do park it inside and give it a wash at least once a week (sometimes more) when the roads are covered in salt. It really is no worse for the ware. The weather stripping is actualy in good shape without any tears etc... but i do have a problem with where the weatherstripping breaks along with the top frame. It just doesnt seem to make a good seal when the top is down and i water dripping through there. I didnt know there were regualr meets. I'd love to attend and see all your hot Whips next time you have a get together.

• 1 month later...

I own a white 95 Cutlass Supreme Convertible, with a white top and black interior. This car was originally from Florida, but now resides in upstate NY (Endwell, NY). I have owned it since 2005. I originally owned a 94 Cutlass convertible, but let it go after the lease was up and regretted not buying it. After a number of years of kicking myself, I decided to find another one. This one has the 3.4DOHC engine (ugh!!). I've got just over 80K on the car and just replaced the intake manifold gaskets. It runs super smooth now and is an absolute blast to drive. Even tho its approaching 15 years old, it still turns heads every time I take it out. I won a 3rd place trophy with it at a Cruisin' Car Show 2 summers ago.

Here's a couple of pics of it. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

photo-28.jpg

photo-29.jpg

1995 Cutlass Convertible - I believe the color is Cloissienne Blue? Not sure on that spelling.

3.4L DOHC - 4T60E - VIN soon...

The white leather seats (ESPECIALLY the driver's side, nearly destroyed) are in sad shape, so I put my black leather in for now.

very nice i dont know if you saw in the other thread but swift13 has some white leather covers he got for me but i turned down and he wasnt asking very much. also that window switch i offered i didnt realize at the time your car was a 95 so it wont work for you

My name is Taylor, and I bought Jays 1994 vert. Here it is now that I have it. The only real change is the shifter knob (buick riviera leather one), and the wheels (16 X 8 crosslaces painted black).

black1.jpg

white06.jpg

white08.jpg

Hey Swift, I'm definitely intersted in the steering wheel. I've tried to attach more pics like you suggested but it says my file is too big. (I haven't figured out how to adjust it so I can attach a pic.)

Anyway, use my personal e-mail contact & I'll reply to that with pics.

Thanks.

Mitch.

meacheal@rogers.com