Got winter tires and rims finally! *pics*

1990lumina

Hey guys I finally decided this year I would buy winter tires for my Lumina.. the all seasons that are on it now won't go another winter..all 4 are pretty close to the wear bar so yeah...I went and got 4 aluminum Euro wheels and 4 new winter tires this weekend/week..the wheels are a little beat up, but w/e they're for winter...

I haven't put the tires on my car yet, but will eventually...

Below are pics of the tires and wheels...and also what is left of the tires on my car right now lol... I'll run those all seasonals another spring/summer/fall season....or at least try to lol...

The tires are Goodyear "Nordic" in my stock size 215/60R16...the tires and rims costed me about $600 CDN even so I'm pretty happy...cheap price to pay for additional safety, especially if someone other then myself is drivng the old Lumina lol

PICS!:

DSCN2630%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2631%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2632%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2633%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2634%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2635%20%28Large%29.JPG

DSCN2636%20%28Large%29.JPG

Keep us updated on how those perform in the winter. Were gonna be putting different tires on my moms lumina before winter hits, and its a toss up between those and a set of steelies, or just throwing a set of assurance Triple treads on and run them year round.

Ive heard that those are good tires, although I havent had them myself. I love my dunlops in the snow, but they are absolutly horrible in the rain. I relly dont know why....

wow...on family's computer for the first time in a few months...forgot how bad this forum looks at 800x600 lol....

Anyway, yeah I'll keep you updated Dustin!! I've heard they are pretty good for the price....I was looking at over $150/tire for other brands and that was a sale price too...so I decided to go with these tires....hopefully they are decent at least!

Yeah I wanted to get a 15" rim but couldn't find any....maybe I shoulda got 14" for the tire price difference...but w/e it's all over and done with now!

those should work really well, thats quite a tread pattern

how much did you pick up the euro wheels for?

too much considering they aren't in the best condition...but I didn't want to get steel wheels and hub caps either...got them for $100

Actually, you dont have to worry about keeping me updated on how those perform, becuase were picking up a set for the lumina tomorrow, So I'll be able to see what they are like first hand. I went and picked up 4 15in steelies at the J/Y for a grand total of 28$ for the set te have them mounted on.

You get to try out those tires yet?? I took our lumina out today after/while getting dumped on and I must say that im really impressed with them. You may have been able to get around with your old coopers, but now you'll rule the road with these. Its really nice to be able to stop at an intersection that is sheer ice, and then once the light is green, blast away from everyone else without so much as spinning a tire. :razz:

You get to try out those tires yet?? I took our lumina out today after/while getting dumped on and I must say that im really impressed with them. You may have been able to get around with your old coopers, but now you'll rule the road with these. Its really nice to be able to stop at an intersection that is sheer ice, and then once the light is green, blast away from everyone else without so much as spinning a tire. :razz:

not yet :(, it WON'T snow here lol...fuck the year I buy winter tires and it doesn't snow hahaha

There made by goodyear, but they seem to be "Canadian tire" specific. I have not seen them advertised anywheres else.

Yeah they are specific to Canadian Tire...if you look at the sidewall it says "NORDIC is specifically sold to Candian tire" or something like that...

There made by goodyear, but they seem to be "Canadian tire" specific. I have not seen them advertised anywheres else.

yeah, Wal-Mart tires are the same setup too, they are only sold at Wal-Mart.

I'mputting them on today and let you guys know how they perform. We have about 10cm (I dunno 4-5"??) snow last night with freezing rain underneath....time to change tires...so we'll see how they work!!

those are some nice winter tires!!! ......your current ones look unsafe to drive on even in warm weather :eek:

They're pretty dry rotted...back tires are 10 years old, and the frotn tires are 8 years old hahaha...gonna buy some new tires in spring I think...dunno what brand yet but I have all winter to think about it!

You guys would point and laugh if you seen my Intrigue in person right now. I am currently rolling a set of 15" steelies from an Alero. Which I didnt even bother putting the Alero plastic covers on, my winter wheels (Stock Chrome wheels) with Goodyear Assurance tires are at the shop getting repaired because the guy who stole my stereo equipment and damaged my body didnt like the tires too much either.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

You guys would point and laugh if you seen my Intrigue in person right now. I am currently rolling a set of 15" steelies from an Alero. Which I didnt even bother putting the Alero plastic covers on, my winter wheels (Stock Chrome wheels) with Goodyear Assurance tires are at the shop getting repaired because the guy who stole my stereo equipment and damaged my body didnt like the tires too much either.

that sucks about the who theft thing

Well got them installed and wow! I'm impressed...just like Dustin said on the other page you can accelerate away from everyone with ease..and braking/stopping is awesome..take it down the freeway which is glare ice this morning...going the speed limit I had absolutely no problems..complete control - the way I like it. For the price I can't complain...plus the car looks so cool with them on lol...completes the winter look:

http://www.solidstorage.net//files/2/DSCN2673.JPG