• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Psych0matt

• 97loudcut

• krtkohbain27

i live 30 minutes away from jc whitney, i go there every weekend, but they told me they had no springs for my car. 93 cutlass supreme.

That is because you need the lumina springs for the 95-99 cars i believe....

1995-1997 Chevrolet Lumina/Monte Carlo

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=81ZX0113T&searchbtn.x=4&searchbtn.y=9

i live 30 minutes away from jc whitney, i go there every weekend, but they told me they had no springs for my car. 93 cutlass supreme.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=81ZX0113T&searchbtn.x=4&searchbtn.y=9

Thanks for the link Luke....and the correct years.

Thanks for the link Luke....and the correct years.

Np..

this is good info because now that those Eibachs i wanted are gone I think I will go with ST

You won't be disappointed either. The drop was noticeable and they ride nice too :cool:.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TurboSedan

this is good info because now that those Eibachs i wanted are gone I think I will go with ST

shit, after driving around with the Intrax i don't like them at all so far. too damn bouncy. i'll probably wait until i get my KYB front struts in before i decide. the KYBs are on the way so it won't be long.

now that the ST srpings are available i think i'm going to order them, ecspecially since they seem to lower the front more than the other lowering springs available.

yay for having an extra set of Intrax and Eibach front lowering springs collecting dust in my garage :rolleyes:

shit, after driving around with the Intrax i don't like them at all so far. too damn bouncy. i'll probably wait until i get my KYB front struts in before i decide. the KYBs are on the way so it won't be long.

now that the ST srpings are available i think i'm going to order them, ecspecially since they seem to lower the front more than the other lowering springs available.

yay for having an extra set of Intrax and Eibach front lowering springs collecting dust in my garage :rolleyes:

Do you still think the Intrax springs are stiffer? Or the Eibachs?

I'm not so much looking for lowering springs but rather some stiff but decent riding ones, with lowering as an added benefit.

Guest TurboSedan

Do you still think the Intrax springs are stiffer? Or the Eibachs?

the Intrax springs are definately stiffer than the Eibach springs. the Eibachs were more like factory ride quality.

I'm not so much looking for lowering springs but rather some stiff but decent riding ones, with lowering as an added benefit.

sounds like Intrax would be the ones you'd want. i may be selling mine soon if i buy the ST springs. i want more drop and from the looks of AWeB's & pwmin's cars, i think those will do the job.

sounds like Intrax would be the ones you'd want. i may be selling mine soon if i buy the ST springs. i want more drop and from the looks of AWeB's & pwmin's cars, i think those will do the job.

ya, the drop is decent.

See I want the best performance spring and I have heard some good things about the Eibach's (hence why I am buying them from Josh)

I don't really care about front wheel gap because it isn't NEAR as bad as my rear wheel gap.

ya, the drop is decent.

indeed. 1.8" is great.

Guest TurboSedan

try 3" on mine

yeah, Paul's car looks even LOWER (and better :razz: ) in person. as you can tell from Adam's white GP the front of his car got pretty low with the STs as well. so yeah....pretty sure i'm gonna order those ST springs here soon.

Guest TurboSedan

a helluva lot more drop than the Eibachs (and Intrax) did for sure:

marchcutlass.JPG

DSC02475.JPG

although my drivetrain is a little ligher (namely the Getrag being ~100lbs lighter than a 4T60-E). not sure if that makes that much of a difference though. that might very well be the case actually, since some people with Intrax springs got the front pretty low (look at Ryan's TGP for example). i'm sure my tall 225/60s don't help much either.

Guest TurboSedan

a helluva lot more drop than the Eibachs (and Intrax) did for sure:

although my drivetrain is a little ligher (namely the Getrag being ~100lbs lighter than a 4T60-E). not sure if that makes that much of a difference though. that might very well be the case actually, since some people with Intrax springs got the front pretty low (look at Ryan's TGP for example). i'm sure my tall 225/60s don't help much either.

i hope Ryan doesn't mind me posting a pic of his freakin awesome TGP:

HPIM0305.jpg

that is with the Intrax springs, although he is using pretty short 245/45s (which = 1" shorter radius and thus 1" lower ride height than mine) but still.....that's freakin wayyy lower than my car with the Intrax springs. do you think the combination of my lighter transmission and my taller tires make that much of a difference? i don't have pics of my car with the Intrax springs but it looks to be the same ride height as the pics shown above with the Eibachs.

maybe i should keep the Intrax springs and just get some 245/45s or 225/55s (depends on the wheel width i'll be using). and NO, i'm not going to put an automatic back in just to get the car lower :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

maybe i should keep the Intrax springs and just get some 245/45s or 225/55s

whoops, i actually meant i want either 245/50s or 225/55s (which are basically the same diameter/radius etc). 245/45s or 225/50s would just be too short IMO.

yeah, his tires are freakin small.....w/ that and the extra 100lbs from tranny has to make it lower.....

I havn't touched my car since i auto-x'd it and look how low it sits w/ 2 180 lb people in there compared to my sig...

Auto-X057x.jpg

I have 245/50's and that pic is at least .75" lower than my sig pic.

Guest TurboSedan

kick ass. looks like i'm going to save my money and keep the Intrax since Ryan's car sits the way it does with them. i'll just go with 245/50s since i'll more than likely be sitcking with my 16x8 crosslace wheels. maybe my Intrax will get a little lower after they settle in a bit. right now i have maybe 20 miles on them.

yeah most springs settle with time and mileage. The fact that it changes ride height so much with weight.... what are these springs rated at? I do know if you put front springs from a 3.4 DOHC car in a 60* pushrod car, the front sits mega-high. Spring codes verify that.

Guest TurboSedan

yeah most springs settle with time and mileage. The fact that it changes ride height so much with weight.... what are these springs rated at? I do know if you put front springs from a 3.4 DOHC car in a 60* pushrod car, the front sits mega-high. Spring codes verify that.

i'm not sure what the spring rate is for the Intrax springs. they seem really stiff though...like if i stand on the front bumper it doesn't go down much. so i kinda doubt the lighter Getrag is affecting ride height much.

i'd possibly go with 245/45s, ecspecially since it would be lowered, but the wheel gap between the tires and the sides of the fender might still be too much for my liking. i'm not worried about speedo issues at all....it's wayyyyy off as it is and needs to be reprogrammed anyway.

DSCF0442.jpg

do you see any gap there? i don't, but i guess if your car isnt as low as mine, you would see mine. the top of my 215/55's arent visible from a direct side view and i dont think the 245's are either.