ST Lowering springs

krtkohbain27

How come everyone is saying that JC Whitney discontinued their ST front lowering springs? If that were true then how come I got my springs last july (2006)? I didn't even have any back order trouble. I ordered them on the 13th and got them three days later (express 2 day shipping). So if anyone plans on lowering their front, Suspension Techniques IS an option and is NOT discontinued.

1995-1997 Chevrolet Lumina/Monte Carlo Front Lowering Springs

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=81ZX0113T&searchbtn.x=4&searchbtn.y=9

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Psych0matt

• 97loudcut

• krtkohbain27

I got a new JC whitney catalog in the mail today. I think I threw it out I duno. Maybe Ill go look and see whats in it because thats new to me. Unless it was July 2005?

I got a new JC whitney catalog in the mail today. I think I threw it out I duno. Maybe Ill go look and see whats in it because thats new to me. Unless it was July 2005?

Nope, 2006. I'll even copy and paste my e-mail confirmation(s):

Sent : Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:15 PM

To : krtkohbain27@hotmail.com

Subject : Order #3003309 Order Confirmation.

Dear LUKE DARROW,

Thank you for ordering from JCW. Your order number is 3003309. We've listed the details below or you can check its status online.

After checking on your order why not check on our "Real Big Deals"?

Your order details:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item: 810113 FRONT LOWERING SPRINGS

Quantity: 1 @ Total Price:$79.99 USD

Item: JG !!THANKS FOR YOUR ORDER!!

Quantity: 1 @ Total Price:$.00 USD

Shipping: EXPRESS-2 DAY

Address: LUKE DARROW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $79.99 USD

Shipping: $36.98 USD

Tax: $.00 USD

Total: $116.97 USD

Note: Any applicable discounts have been applied to the item price(s) and the order total above.

You paid by: VISA

This order was billed to:

LUKE DARROW

A confirmation will be sent to you when your order is shipped.

If you need to contact us about your order call us at 800-469-3894 or drop us a note using our Customer Service email form. Always provide Order Number, Last Name and Zip Code when inquiring about an order.

Remember, "Real Big Deals" are only a click away so why not stop by?

Sincerely,

JC Whitney's Customer Service Team

PS. Browse our Quick Links for more featured products!

And here's when it was shipped..

Sent : Friday, July 14, 2006 5:44 AM

To : krtkohbain27@hotmail.com

Subject : Order #3003309 Shipping Notification.

Dear LUKE DARROW,

Thank you for ordering from JC Whitney. Your order number 3003309, shipped today. We've listed the details below or you can check its status online.

After checking on your order why not check on our "Real Big Deals"?

Your order details:

Item: 810113 FRONT LOWERING SPRINGS

Quantity: 1 @ Total Price:$79.99 USD

Item: JG !!THANKS FOR YOUR ORDER!!

Quantity: 1 @ Total Price:$.00 USD

Shipping: EXPRESS-2 DAY

Address: LUKE DARROW

Subtotal: $79.99 USD

Shipping: $36.98 USD

Tax: $.00 USD

Total: $116.97 USD

Note: Any applicable discounts have been applied to the item price(s) and the order total above.

You paid by: VISA

This order was billed to:

LUKE DARROW

Here are your shipping details:

Shipping Method: FEDEX 2ND DAY

Tracking Number: 914065130655

Date Shipped: 07/13/2006

If you need to contact us about your order, call us at 800-469-3894 or drop us a note using our Customer Service email form. Always provide Order Number, Last Name and Zip Code when inquiring about an order.

Remember, "Real Big Deals" are only a click away so why not stop by?

Sincerely,

JC Whitney's Customer Service Team

PS. Browse our Quick Links for more featured Products!

good news. i dont know how, but i measured my fronts after the st springs and stock rear and the front was 3" lower than the rear. id have to look again to see if i measured the front before the springs. id have to drive a car w intrax to see if they ride any better because of the progressive design of the intrax.

ill measure the difference in the intrax/stock setup when i put them on

ST says like 1"-1.5" drop or so.....I got way more than that....which is fine w/ me.

I got at least 2" over time as the spirngs settled.

intrax claims that their springs dont need to settle on their site, but ive had mine on for 3 months and its much less bouncy then when i first put them on...took some getting use to, just go real slow on bumps :lol:,and when i put the quad buckets in its not that bad at all.

And if anyone wants to match there rear with the ST springs I HIGHLY recommend getting the Flex-A-Form 185 spring rate fiberglass mono leaf spring. I have this setup on my car and it is nearly to perfection.. I heard that it will settle a little more after a couple months which will in fact make it dead even with the front. I love how it rides with the new leaf in. Its comfortably stiff.

thats crazy i just ordered mine not even a month ago i just got them actually.. im just waiting for my coil overs to come in... any body have any comments on the st springs or ffp coilovers im putting kybs at ther four corners? by the way does ne body know the pn# to the rear kyb struts cause i got mine in but they look like theyre wrong

i live 30 minutes away from jc whitney, i go there every weekend, but they told me they had no springs for my car. 93 cutlass supreme.

That is because you need the lumina springs for the 95-99 cars i believe....