ground locations **with pics now!

Euro

K I know I've been asking about this lately, and i searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. I want to turn my box around, but need somewhere to ground the wire to around the rear o the backseat area. I know i can do it so anything metal, however, im still not 100% positive what to look for. Does anybody have any pics(or can take any pics) of where their ground is at in the trunk? I figure tomorrow's as good a day as any to do this. Or even any advice/tips as to what/how to do.

This may be an easy subject for some, however i'm still a semi-noob on car audio

thanks guys!

k so i had at it today, and I DID take out my back seats. It was quite fun actually, however, i didnt find one existing spot where i could ground and things would go back together properly. I had a perfect ground where the bottom of the seat back bolt was(see pic) but the seat bracket made it impossible to work. So, looks like i'll have to drill somewhere, unless if i'll just stick with my current(suitable but visually horrid) location of the trunk latch. I tried the seat belt bolts...too big. so im struck outta ideas.

g.jpg

h.jpg

j.jpg

yeah but that means more work for me lol

so will just drilling into the seat back be a good enough solution?

Well, you could drill in the metal floor area behind the backseat, that'll work.

yeah thats true, and my buddy on another forum said he drilled into the floor behind the rear seat too...

i mean there are already little holes in the metal part of the seat back anyways, so maybe i'll try those first

I think just using something thats already there is just easier IMHO.

Yeah, like the seatbelt :thumb:

you cant use the seatbelt stud because the adhesive used in the construction of the vehicle insulates the connection. they actually glue in that stud.

the body of the car is all mostly constructed with adhesives. yea, they are tack welded too so it will work but the frame is the way to go. or at least tap into the strut tower area or trunk floor where it welds to the frame bars. use one of those gold sidepost terminals for batteries with a lockwasher. after you tap it out and clean it up good, dont forget the kopr shield or dielectric grease or something like that for oxidation.

make sure it threads right into the frame through the trunk floor though and it will be the shortest, cleanest ground possible. has to be just as clean up front too though or it wont matter.

just upgraded mine from the block to frame with some 4 gauge. see how I scraped the paint off the frame and brushed a thick coat of that conductive anti-sieze on there?

2056262_108_full.jpg