Water Puddle caused short!!

89Cutlass

I have this friend who lives upstairs he has a 98 GrandPrix perfect shape only 28,000 miles, anyway we had a huge storm here and he ran through a huge puddle, and now things are shorting out, to be presice the fan blower motor will not shut off when you turn the car off the radio lights are gone and the A/C is having trouble kicking on now. also the fog lights are stuck on even when the cars off. Any help out it would be appreiciated.

the fog light stay on n ther battery haznt died yet datz strange but ya check the relays n all the connections like js9 said n as for how to check them i dunno maybe someone can help u on that one

Well you can beat on them and wait and see if anything flickers(thats what I did). Or you can find the appropriated circuit for that relay and turn it on and off and listen/feel for a click. If no clicking occurs relay/relays is bad. If it flickers, the relay has a weak spring inside allowing it to make contact. :) :) :)

The fan motor not shutting off is usually caused by the blower resistor, it's located in the heater box under the dash pass. side. very commom problem, check for water in the heater box while you are at it, may have a water leak.