2nd Gen STB EDIT: Pics Page 3 & 4

runt

one hole is all i used for mine when i put it in... sure a bracket that lets you use both might be nice but i figure it isnt really worht the money, thay are all fairly expensive

Well, I picked up the ZZP brackets for the front (Me = Lazy sometimes) And it was a good clean install. I just didn't want to only use one hole on the back and end up screwing something up.

mines been in a month and a bit now and i have done some hard driving and have yet to see any issues with using only one. and if your lazy using one hole is easier than mounting a bracket first, do that any you have to remove at least 2 possible all of the strut bolts first then you have to mount the bracket and then you have to mount the bar to the bracket... see lots of work :mrgreen:

So, save from me going out and looking under the wheel well, anyone know how much room there is from the top of the strut tower to where anything would make any contact with the actual strut? I'm thinking...rather than dropping the strut assembly, what if I just drilled a pilot hole and put a self taping screw down through the top. Any thoughts?

if your that set on using both pick up a set of mounts...

to have any effect you would have to use a similar bolt as what is in the first hole.

i still say go with just the one it will be fine.

So, save from me going out and looking under the wheel well, anyone know how much room there is from the top of the strut tower to where anything would make any contact with the actual strut? I'm thinking...rather than dropping the strut assembly, what if I just drilled a pilot hole and put a self taping screw down through the top. Any thoughts?

I installled my bros front stb just like they do in the factory on the Regals....just look how the regals are.

Well, I got both of them in place....and I can't believe the difference in the car. I mean it's not huge or anything, but you can tell they are there. I'll post pics of the finished product sometime tomorrow.

bout time.....lol

3 pages on how to put in a bar that basically sets in place......haha

LOL I know. I'm a pathetic soul....haha

I'm gonna post pics before I go to bed.

Here are the pics. Yes, like Adam said...3 pages...I'm that anal...lol

Start with this:

STB1.jpg

Mount with this:

STB5.jpg

End with this:

STB7.jpg

And yeah...my engine does need another bath...hopefully before fall time. If not, it's gonna wait till spring. I painted the mounts with 1 coat primer, 1 coat high heat silver (only silver I had!). Did the STB with 1 coat primer, 2 coats high heat silver to make it look good. Of course, had to sand 'n such. The back looks the same, only my trunk is a mess (from a few weeks ago... :redface: ) but maybe once that's cleaned up...

and, i forgot to mention earlier...u need to wash under the hood there...and i didnt realize how ghey the engine cover on the regular 3800 is...:lol:... should soo take that off!

...i was more interested in how u mounted the rear!...

DUDE!.....it is friggin easy.

Yes, listen to whatever Adam tells you, b/c he is exactly correct...lol.

...i was more interested in how u mounted the rear!...

DUDE!.....it is friggin easy.

Yes, listen to whatever Adam tells you, b/c he is exactly correct...lol.

yes.

Pics are a bit big...but I don't really have the time to resize 'em. (I'm at work)

RSTB1.jpg

RSTB2.jpg

RSTB3.jpg

RSTB4.jpg

Yes, I did put the STB over the carpet....I didn't want the carpet to flop around so figured fuck it, I had enough stud there and could crank pretty hard, so I'm not worried about it. It seems extremly solid so one stud should be good.

so, u only used one bolt then?

Yup. You WILL have to make the hole bigger that you plan on using. Not by much though. I just hit it with a dremel tool and then a round file and got it pretty good. A bit longer might be good as well.

EDIT: The word "bit" was "big". Typo.

so, u only used one bolt then?

Yup. You WILL have to make the hole bigger that you plan on using. Not by much though. I just hit it with a dremel tool and then a round file and got it pretty good. A big longer might be good as well.

well put.