1/4 mile times and stock boost?

Jrod

What did these turbo 3.1 Grand Prix do in the quarter mile? And what do they put out for stock boost limitations? I was in one the other day and the boost guage said 15lbs. If it was running 15lbs. then I'm the pope cause it wasn't "15lbs 3.1" fast. I also heard that the boost guage is somewhat less than acurate? Is this true also?

Yes, stock boost is 7.5 lbs, and 15.2-15.6 1/4 time per magazines. and no the factory boost guages are NOT accurate.

As for the 1/4 mile times, look at my signature, I have the time slip on all of those runs, and many more!!! :mrgreen: :naughty: :cheers:

Actually those magazines that tested brand new TGPs got from a best of 15.3 to a worst of 16.3 quarter mile, zero to sixty best of 7.0, worst of 8.1 seconds. Chip’d TGPs vary as well from a best of 14.2 to a worst of 15.0, but chip’d gains from stock numbers are basically equal with each. One TGP with a custom chip and upgraded heads got a corrected 13.56 in hot Arizona, my personal best is 13.89, Dave Zug got a best of 13.98 but we did some little tweaks to the stock setup. This year I will get times for my latest TGP mods listed below and hopefully make some numbers the TGP community can brag to the GTP community, Ricers or whatever.

Jeff M

Ok so I got that figured out about the boost and 1/4's. I also did a little looking around and I found that the turbo 3.1 put out about 205 horsepower and around 220 torque? Was there any STOCK models that put out more than that? AND are these hp/torque numbers "near" correct?

Well My STE was Running 15.00 in the 1/4 untill this Little B!tch started costing me dollar after Dollar.....

now Im guessing I am at 17-17.5 sec but I need a o2, X over, and a intercooler cleaning....

its a good thing I love this car other wise I would sell it.....

and get me a extended cab GMC.....

speaking of I just test Drove a GMC C3 last week and man that thing Is Fast as Hell.....I would say a 6 sec 0-60 easy. and the 1/4 is over before you can even count to 10 it seams......damn thats all I can say....

now for that lotto thingy to hit my numbers.....