'97 Lumina left turn signal does not work???

93nighthawk

Hi,

I am trying to help my parents out with their '97 Lumina. For some reason, the left turn signal stopped working. Now it does work when you push down for passing mode, but for a constant left, all it does is click very fast with no blink. (The bulbs do work though when used in passing mode)

I first suggested that they tried cleaning out the stalk contacts with some electrical contact cleaner (they drive on alot of dirt roads,) but that did not help.

I think the issue is either with the flasher relay or the stalk itself. They picked up a new flasher (round kind) but they cannot find where it goes.

My question is, is this the right kind of Flasher Relay? (I know that Ford's switched over to the new rectangular kind several years ago, but what about GM?) and where is the Flasher Relay located? I assumed that it is next to the fuse box, but my father just can't seem to find it.

Or is this issue something else (ground, wiring, ect?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

the car has a normal flasher, my car sometimes has the switch stay on solid when i hit the left turn signal, and i pull back slightly on the stick (like if you were going to high beams) and release it and it starts blinking normally.

the car has a normal flasher,

Where is it located?

my car sometimes has the switch stay on solid when i hit the left turn signal, and i pull back slightly on the stick (like if you were going to high beams) and release it and it starts blinking normally.

I'll tell them to try that.

the car has a normal flasher, my car sometimes has the switch stay on solid when i hit the left turn signal, and i pull back slightly on the stick (like if you were going to high beams) and release it and it starts blinking normally.

Same exact thing I did with my old 96 GP, down and in, worked every time.

I also tried to put in a new relay, but to no avail.