Need some recommendations....

runt

I won't even test my 12W6V2 on this Alpine amp. Granted, it was one of the better Alpine amps built, it's not near enough power(for my tastes atleast).

Like said above, the power wire is really going to depend on the amplifier itself, whether it has 0, 2, 4, or 8 guage inputs on it.

Just because a sub is smaller doesnt mean its faster. Sealed box would be preferred for rock, but I would stay away from sony, as their are better for the price. Same with the Pioneer amp. if you research, youll fine much better equipment for the same price.

The idea that a 10" will move faster than a 12" is pure myth. You cannot compare apples to oranges here. Different companies use different motor structures and suspension designs which in turn causes the different subs to act differently under different conditions. I have a 15" that hits faster ported than any sealed dual 10 or 12 setup I've had or heard. Some subs are just not made for SQ...plain and simple.

But if you are looking for a good SQ sub....check out Image Dynamics or Elemental Designs. They are some of the most popular independant SQ companies.

I agree totally with the Myth part. SImple fact is that 60 Hz is 60 Hz, one speaker isnt going to move fater than the other, and if it did, it wouldnt be 60 Hz anymore ;)

I would look into Image Dynamics well before eD...

FYI the RE series subs now run upwards of $150ish per sub sinc ethe US Amps buyout... I would avoid them now as there is better value elsewhere.

IMHO you would be best served with this sub: http://ascendantaudio.com/assassin12specs.html

Initial reviews have been excellent. Quality seems to still be top notch. Price is about unbeatable for the value, IMHO this is definetley your ticket.

As for boxes, not all boxes are equal. Not all "custom" boxes are engineered correctly. I do boxes, and I do them right. http://www.basstronics.net Come get your 40% off build price... Now if someone cares to beat that price thenkudos to them ;)

Oh ya, direct pricing is no more. Well it is, but if you buy direct you WILL pay full MSRP. Now who in the f00k pays full MSRP on anything? Nobody...

I guess the guy that bought US Amps and now RE is trying to rape us off the names. I hear he moved production of US amps over to asian countries... So they are no longer "made in the USA" but still carry that price tag...

IMHO these two companies will go down. Its just a matter of time. Now that someone different is in control and its about the money... Karma is a real treat ;)

Honestly I wouldnt bother all around unless you are running the sub not quite maxed out.

If the direct prices went that high would HATE to see a rebuild cost. Probably as much as the driver was initially...