oversized rims

hazmatic

Doesn't matter, 1988 Regal has the same bolt pattern as 89-96 because it's practically the same car.

Those application charts are always wrong.

5x115mm is what all GM FWD midsize get.

Unless your Regal is a RWD G-body, if you order 5x120.65mm you'll be returning them and probably at your expense (shipping is lots of $$$).

its def a fwd so i know the bolt pattern so how am i gonna fit on 20 inch rims

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hazmatic

• GnatGoSplat

• SuperBuick

• Robby1870

I have never heard of 20s being made to fit the 5x115mm bolt pattern, but there might be some out there for the Gen II GPs. Good luck trying to adapt 20"s on your car, then find tires with a small enough sidewall so that they dont rub.

Robby

I have never heard of 20s being made to fit the 5x115mm bolt pattern, but there might be some out there for the Gen II GPs. Good luck trying to adapt 20"s on your car, then find tires with a small enough sidewall so that they dont rub.

Robby

i found 20z but on da site it sayz da biigest size iz 19 but wut do i have to do to da wheel well to fit da 20 wit out it rubbin i herd ppl talk bout rollin da fenda n shit like dat i need ideaz

20x8.5 with a 30-something offset and 245/35R20 tires should fit without rubbing.

I haven't seen many 20" in a 5x115mm bolt pattern, but I've seen 'em in 5x4.5" which is close enough.

I'd like 20" too, but I haven't found any 20" styles that I like and I also don't feel like spending $300 per tire!

okay muh nigga go back to high schoolz and getz intoz an english class and learn how to talk and then go to mechanics class and learn how to do shit on cars cause if you wanna add a tire that will hit the wheel well you take the wheel wells out duh dumb shit

god kids nowz a dayz so lacking morelz and they act so smart

okay i am sorry i am ranting

lataz or for the other newbie holla

~1~

geez

plus another thing is you should sell your w-body car and buy a caddy you thug you wanna be i mean geez you don't see snoop dawg rollin around in a cutlass supreme like mine or any other w- body he is in a caddy

and if you want someone to respond with a proper attitude to you don;t embarass yourself like talkin retarded when ppl. on here say something don't counterdict them they are usually always right plus you give alot of white ppl. that listen to rap a bad name talkin like that

that is just my 2 cents

you crazy kid

damn rap music ruinin todays youth havin them talk like that gezz

20x8.5 with a 30-something offset and 245/35R20 tires should fit without rubbing.

I haven't seen many 20" in a 5x115mm bolt pattern, but I've seen 'em in 5x4.5" which is close enough.

I'd like 20" too, but I haven't found any 20" styles that I like and I also don't feel like spending $300 per tire!

Back about three months ago or so, there was a thread with a Cutlass that had 20"'s and it looked like a matchbox car... way too exaggerated and flashy for the style of the car, IMO.

EDIT: Damn, I love the search function!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/rell504

P.S. Cool your jets Stlunatics2oo3; you're making the board look bad.

- RedFox340

Back about three months ago or so, there was a thread with a Cutlass that had 20"'s and it looked like a matchbox car... way too exaggerated and flashy for the style of the car, IMO.

EDIT: Damn, I love the search function!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/rell504

Yeah, I remember that one, but I think it looks bad mainly because of the style. That's WAY too gangsta-pimpin' ghetto style for me. I think a simple 5-spoke would look good, but the problem is there's nothing simple about 20" 5-spokes because they're made for the bling bling. Anyway, that Monte Carlo on 20's that was posted a few weeks ago didn't look too bad. The style of those wheels were still a bit too bling bling for me, but overall it looked decent. I think another reason 20" looks kind of weird on that Cutlass especially, is because the offset isn't high enough (looks like they stick out) and the car looks like it really needs a drop when sitting on 20's.

P.S. Cool your jets Stlunatics2oo3; you're making the board look bad.

:werd:

hey everyone, enough wit the :bs: already? If you dont like how he speaks (or types) then stop reading the post!! How bout a little respect and a little less judgement on everyone's behalf.

Now i bring it on all you all...someone stops by to ask for some help about putting some rims on his car and you start dissing his way of expressing himself...

thats kinda like you stopping at a gas station and having some guy make fun of your voice or the way you talk or the way you dress....its plain prejudice

by the way hazmatic, welcome to the board, you'll find it useful on many topics...

damn now that i think about it, i wonder wat everyone would think if i typed like i talk wit my friends down here. Just to let you know im hispanic and live in a border town so we speak Tex Mex or Spinglish...spanish/english. I bet if we had voice chat or something or someone happened to hear me wit my hommies you would run to the board and start all this: "Oh my gosh Bob! Like, did you just listen to that hispanic talking? Oh my gosh! Like, this is America"

grandprix lol u to funny dog but ya i plan on puttin 20z on nuttin to ova rated simple 5 spoke i wanna cut da springz n add a kit from http://www.razzi.com da kit iz not ricey n i think if all done right it will look nice n not ricey it will be pimp cuz i alos plan on polishin out all da crome n maybe addin some mo

I wouldnt recommend cuttin your springs, cuz they'll end up breaking and not being any use to you. 1-1.5" lowering springs are made for W-bodies. I dont know the site, but they are made by Suspension Techniques. And, I know JC Whitney has a pair for like $80, which aint bad

Robby

ty u robby so if i take ouit da wheel well n use da tire sezie mention would all work out well

However, if you lower it, I dont know if 20s would fit. I mean they might, but you would have to find some REALLY low profile tires, like 25 series if they are even made. Plus, you arent going to be able to have very wide rims, given the FWD. If you take out some of the wheel wells, and go with 20s and REALLY low profile tires, and lower it, it might work. Im not going to say it will or it wont, cuz, honestly I dont know. All of that is just guessing. You would just have to get in there and try stuff to see if it works

Robby

I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to lower your car if you put 20"s on there. If you did, they would rub when you turned.

I think you could.

If you can lower a car with stock tires, you should be able to lower a car on 20's with low profile tires.

225/60R16 = 26.63" diameter

245/35R20 = 26.75" diameter

Very, very close. That's less than 1/8" difference in diameter.

taking out wheel wells on a FWD unibody? That's going to cause some problems, look where the suspension generally puts its force into

Yeah very true, maybe he means the splash guards in the wheel well. Yeah you couldnt take the wheel wells out, that woul screw your suspension up badly. But, I do think Shawn is right, as long as you keep your overall wheel diameter close to the stock size it shouldnt be a problem

Robby

yo, hazmatic, just get some 18's and low profs, lower it, and be done... it'll be less work and will prolly look just as sik. welcome to the board.

yo, hazmatic, just get some 18's and low profs, lower it, and be done... it'll be less work and will prolly look just as sik. welcome to the board.

i wanna be a pimp n balla i dont want teenage rimz im a gorwn man i dont want somethin smalla den muh age ill be 19 da 13th

well if u wanna be a pimp n balla get some hoes and learn to play? i dunno bro but all i'm sayin is that if you get the right rims, they can be 18z or 19z and look a lot bigger.....like I saw some stillens 18s that had the spokes goin rite to the edges and they had no 'lip' on them and they woulda easily passed for 19s, and they'd be less work. i always like the easy way out...