oversized rims

hazmatic

i have a 1988 buick regal custom n i kno the biggest rim i can put on r 19x9.0 n the bolt pattern iz 5x4.75(5x120.65) n i already have da rimz i want picked out they got dem in 18x8.5 bolt pattern 5x120.65(they fit perfect) den 20z i wanna put da 20x9.0 on wit da spintek addon n im wonderin wut do i need to do to prevent rubbin n have dem fit n plsu the bolt patternz r dif 6x139.7, 5x139.7, 5x135, 5x127 if someone knoz how i can do dis i would aprecate ur help n thank u in advance

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hazmatic

• GnatGoSplat

• SuperBuick

• Robby1870

ummmm.....If I could understand all that, given its not in english, I might add something usefull. However, I thought all W-bodies had the 5X115mm bolt pattern and not the ones he mentioned.

Robby

Da W-body Regalz needz da 5x115mm bolt patternz, yo!

If you'z lucky yo could make da 5x4.5" boltz fit yo shiznit.

Yo ain't got no chance fo' shizzle to fits dem 5x120.65mm or 5x4.75" rimz.

5x115 is a direct bolt on 35mm offset

5x114.3 will fit with a centric hub ring (5x4.5")

the 5x4.5" is a RWD measurement. so it will have a listing for a "Backspacing" rather then an "offset". so have fun trying to match up the 2.

There are a few monte's w/ dubz on them. Best to find a wheel w/ the correct bolt pattern and Offset Foe Shizzy! Save yourself headachs.... and save me some headachs and stock typing like a FUK!

RedZ

Looks like sombody needs to go back to english class :joke:

BTW, your not going to fit a 9" wide wheel on a W-Body regal. unless you run a SUPER SMALL offset which will push it past the fenders.. and WILL rub evertime you hit a bump. If you like them past the fenders you might as well get some 15" Gold 100 spoke Daytons and white walls.

8" wide is about the widest your going to get and don't plan on lowering the car.

RedZ

You gonna teach me how to understand the jibberish? Wonder where I can learn that jargon?

Robby

no i did muh reaserch n it iz in dead a w-body but im wonderin wut i need to do to put da bigga rimz on it

what you need to do is buy bigger rims...and put them on..it's not that hard there bud....

You gonna teach me how to understand the jibberish? Wonder where I can learn that jargon?

Robby

Rap videos and documentaries on prison life. :read:

yeah I know, there are larger rims that are MADE to fit our bolt pattern

Robby

i got the rims picked out i want i gave tha measurments i want for them im gettin them from http://www.bigwheels.net and that is the site i got all muh measurments from the rim i want the biggest that they say fit my car was noted above and the size i want to add i noted 2 i really like these rims n they r they ones i want and i really wanna go 20 with the spintek addon i think that will look sick with all the crome already on my car

Before you order, be aware that site is wrong! When you put in 1988 Buick Regal, it assumes you have a G-body.

Try 1989 Buick Regal, that will give you the correct bolt pattern for W-body Regal (5x115mm).

Before you order, be aware that site is wrong! When you put in 1988 Buick Regal, it assumes you have a G-body.

Try 1989 Buick Regal, that will give you the correct bolt pattern for W-body Regal (5x115mm).

but itz a 88 regal custome coupe

Doesn't matter, 1988 Regal has the same bolt pattern as 89-96 because it's practically the same car.

Those application charts are always wrong.

5x115mm is what all GM FWD midsize get.

Unless your Regal is a RWD G-body, if you order 5x120.65mm you'll be returning them and probably at your expense (shipping is lots of $$$).

Wow, i got a good laugh reading this post. You guys are funny. When i first read what that dude wrote, i was waiting to see what everyone would say.

P.S. Grandprix104, that was some funny shit. :lol:

I could be wrong but I have always thought all G-bodys execpt the "Cutlass Supreme Classic" and Monte Carlo were only made untill 1987. So they didn't overlap years with the Regal and Grand Prix :confused:

Btw, Nice Caprice, I like how the fender skirts look on customized caprices, but I've always wanted a 94-96 9c1 or Impala SS because they have LT1's.

I think you're right, but those application charts are almost always wrong.

I remember Eibach and even Crutchfield used to have totally wrong info on their application charts for W-bodies.

Yeah, I love those skirted Caprices (91-92). I want one pretty bad, they're practically my dream car. I'd buy one now, except that would require getting rid of the cars I have now, and I'm not willing to sell. If I did get one, I'd do an LS1 swap. 20" chromes, shaved, bagged, and jet black with limo tints. It'd be one sinister looking ride for sure.

:shock: That would be the ultimate sleeper :shock: I see alot of 91-92 Grandpa owned caprices going pretty cheap. I almost bought a mint 92 with all the options and like 70,000 miles for $2,500, but I dont have the room to own more then 1 car at a time :( My brothers gonna buy a 94' 9c1 from keymotorsusa.com a test drive :twisted: should help hold me off.

I think I'm getting alittle off subject now :yak: