My Complete Elemental Designs Install

19Cutlass94

After reading that, I gotta say that sucks, however it was over 2 years ago, when they were still a small company. Times have changed. Im not trying to change your mind about anything, just stating a fact. I had one problem with them when my order or wire didnt go out with another order I had, but they sent it out the day I called. Build quality is great, and after being on their forum, and reading about some of the things the guys have done ( like them abusing the sub WAYYYY too much, blowing a voice coil, then going to SPL comps with a sub with one voice coil working, still giving it 900w and the sub still working ) thats just a testament to how their built now-a-days.

Heres the review of the sub that I have.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/13ov2review.php

But hey, this is just two completely different experiences with the same company ( although years apart )

Business practices havent changed though.

A large part of my problem is them not beign straight with me and their inability to live up to their warranty.

I hear a ton of bad things about their forums also...

Also Im sure there are plenty of people that have had bad experiences with their products also, but them reviews will never be seen on ICIX or any other eD controlled place ;)

Business practices havent changed though.

A large part of my problem is them not beign straight with me and their inability to live up to their warranty.

I hear a ton of bad things about their forums also...

Also Im sure there are plenty of people that have had bad experiences with their products also, but them reviews will never be seen on ICIX or any other eD controlled place ;)

If was common knowledge that the T-Yoke Joint on the First Gen K and A series flatconed drivers was an issue. You cant crap all over a company just becasuse of one engineering flaw.

The difference between the Elemental Designs of 2-3 years ago to now are huge. Their company has grown exponentially. And with growth comes the ability to more effectivelly look after its customer base.

I too am a happy eD customer and have been for over 4 years now. I have never had an issue with them or their warranty practices. And I am a member of the eD forum. And I can assure you that your facts about it are totally wrong.

Excuse me, what is totally wrong?

This is my personal experience which happened to ME. Trust me, I didnt get one bit of anything I said in the review wrong, period. I was lied to and told a few different stories... Then they tried to make me "deals" which all sucked the big one.

The T yoke was in no way shape or form an issue for the two subs I had. Shoddy build practices and crappy VCs was.

When a company says it can handle XXX WRMS, why then it should be able to handle it. On the same token, when they were sellign these subs they had about 3-4 DIFFERENT RMS ratings for each size sub...

RMS being a Thermal rating shouldnt have so many variables. If in one box she melts down @ 200 WRMS then you should rate the subs at 175 WRMS. So what if the sub can take 250 WRMS. Im sure at the 175 WRMS the sub will move enough to reach full potential ;)

For the sake of all current and future customers I sure hope they changed their ways. God knows they lost many customers back in the day... Now they need to look to the future crop of Car Audio peeps. As people who have been in this for as long as I have and been burned once are simply twice shy... So no eD for me ;)

At any rate, no need to turn this into a debate. At the end of the day my opinion and yours will still be the same :) So elts move on :)

At any rate, no need to turn this into a debate. At the end of the day my opinion and yours will still be the same :) So elts move on :)

x2. We all have audio companies that we wont buy from. Its not worth an argument at all. As long as Im happy with the products I bought and installed, I think thats what really matters :thumb: And in general, if you like what you bought you should be happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got points! dance.gif

But as an update, I finally got everything tuned right, so it finally sounds great. Ive got it exactly where I want it. But I have noticed one thing, 2.2v preouts suck!

• 2 years later...

So I had to bring up a topic thats literally yrs old, but im looking to do something with the trunk area here and make it somewhat show worthly while still being functional. I have the two amps in back of the sub box, but doesnt matter if Im able to move the amps to show them or not.

I just kinda need some ideas on how to make it look awesome. I know i need a new carpet in there, but any ideas anyone?

Really.... you don't have too much of any choices, considering the space that the box takes up. You could flush mount them in the floor, but then you would need to make a false floor, and with the size of the box, I'm pretty sure you don't have the floor space to do so.

Do you use your truck for anything else? Willing to downsize the box a little? I guess the question is, how far are you willing to go. If you want to keep the current box, then you don't have many options, at all.

Build a baffle the shape of your trunk that will sit flush with the front of the box, build some sides on that baffle to use as amp racks, properly secure, use a material of your choice to cover/finish the rack/baffle, call it a day.

This stuff is easier than it looks... you wouldn't HAVE to make yours take up this much space, the racks for the amps can sit closer to the rear quarters, and you don't need a tall false floor, some stylish grilles and this trunk could be used for most purposes.

trunk.bmp

Edited by axisofjustice9c3

• 2 weeks later...

Well it may not look like that, but I got something in mind ;)

Be sure to report during or at least after install. I'd be glad to be part of the progress. I can answer most any questions along the way too, as well as others here I am certain.