My Complete Elemental Designs Install

19Cutlass94

I finially got everything done. Nows the time for some pictures.

Well start with the component set. Its the eDi 6500's. This was the absolute hardest to install. trying to cut through that plastic was a bitch! Took me several hours to do that! The only thing that isnt shown is where the x-over is mounted. But I can tell you that is mounted up towards the tweeter. But in the end, it was by far worth all the work. The last picture is with everything installed on the car.

1222.jpg

1221.jpg

1220.jpg

1219.jpg

Next, a few pictures of the custom enclosure ( box ). A few specs include 3.0cF, a tuning of 30Hz. Made of all 3/4" MDF. And yes, it does have a little weight to it! :lol: BTW, in the last picture, the amp is no longer in front of the box.

1224.jpg

1223.jpg

1225.jpg

Moving along, we have the amps. Which includes a Nine.1 ( for the subwoofers ) and a Nine.4 ( for the component set ) At first I had the Nine.1 amp in front of the box. once I got the Nine.4 amp for the component set, it was just too much stuff to have in front of the box. So I moved everything to behind the box. You can see the ground I used for the amps. Even though there out of the way and not really seen, unless I take out the back seat, I still tried to make it look very neat.

1226.jpg

1227.jpg

And of course the subs. They are 13Ov.2, Dual 4ohm subs. I like the way the box looks with just the plain MDF, so I dont think Im going to be putting carpet on it, or painting it. I think it looks much better like this with no amp in front. I think it gives it a cleaner look. And of course, the subs speak for themselves. Especially when the system is going!

803598_202_full.jpg

803598_201_full.jpg

803598_214_full.jpg

803598_215_full.jpg

Well since their only for rear fill, I dont hear them at all with the component set. Plus its usually always me in the car and hardly anyone is ever in the back seat.

Nice Work. I like the fact that you didn't want your amps looking like a rats nest even though they won't be seen very often. Nice job on the box too... I only have 1 suggestion... dunno if u already thought about it or what... but how about fillin up the screw holes w/ wood filler n sandin it down?

Thanks!

I couldnt be happier with the way it sounds. Every person thats heard it has been impressed, and everyday I listen to it Im still impressed by how good it sounds!

93z34, Ive honestly never thought about that.

Indeed. Thats one of the reasons why I decided to go with them. Heard one of their subs from one of the guys at the local circuit city, and it was the best sounding sub Ive heard.

Right now Im just trying to get all my gains right and figure out where everything should be for my ears. Im getting there though, although I think I need to lower the gain on the components.

Excelent work!!! Now we're like the eD wonder twins...lol :willynilly: :peace:

Keep an eye on the amp temperatures. Make sure you get enough air flow back there.

Excelent work!!! Now we're like the eD wonder twins...lol :willynilly: :peace:

Keep an eye on the amp temperatures. Make sure you get enough air flow back there.

Except you have a 15" and I have 2 12" :lol:

When I had the back seat down, I turned it up rather loud, and I could feel air moving in the car. I figure with the vented enclosure, and with the Nine.1's fan I should only have to worry about the Nine.4. But I cant imagine it would get too awful warm. Since everytime Ive ever touched the amps ( no matter how long they have been on ) they've always been cold.

Is it just me or does your tweeter look bigger than mine? Damn tweeter envy....lol. I guess that there actually is a difference between the 2 door and 4 door....in the door panels.

On a scary side note........I am currently debating on removing my rear seat all together and glassing it in a putting the 19Ov.2 in its place mounted in the fiberglass. Utilizing the trunk as the make shift enclosure. I dont know if I would ever have enough time to get'er done though.

Is yours a 4 door? I thought it was 2. :dunno: ( I think it just might be the smaller picture as well ) The tweeter is just the one that came with the 6500's. It was sealed in that surrounding so I couldnt get that off so I just mounted it like that :lol: As you probably know since it said do no remove tweeter from the surround... But I love it, its not harsh at all, but its not like you cant hear it.

On a side note, I think that would be awesome! I thought about 2 18"'s in that same thing your thinking about, them I was like hmm, I have no more backseat, which means only one more person in the car, not gonna fly. if I stop quick and if theres anything in the trunk, theres goes my sub(s) And I wouldnt be able to go anywhere with it around here without it being broken into since you can see everything. so that turned me away. ( plus this way was cheaper and prolly might sound better )

just gotta get that rear seat taken care of. and if you are still against carpeting the box, the idea of filling those screw holes sounds pretty good

Looks like a real clean install. Now it is time to make a stop at a dB meter.

Id love to, but I gotta wait for either some extra cash ( because its $30 bucks to do it at the only local shop that will!! ) or a shop that has a dB drag.

I still have that seat in my garage. I havent touched it since youve seen it last. I dont even know what or how I wanna do it anymore.

i'd paint the box, get a few extra pieces of MDF and try things out like a little fiberglass then body filler and paint it, OR make a false wall around the box and little cut outs for the hinges and carpet it all, and paint the vent black. Either way it looks great!

BTW how much was that box through ED?

Yeah, I duno what Im going to do with the box quite yet. But for right now, its staying as is.

OR make a false wall around the box and little cut outs for the hinges and carpet it all, and paint the vent black

Im leaning towards something around those lines. If I ever get the time to do it.

The box through eD, shipped to my door was $200.00

Indeed they do! At first I wasnt sure how that portion was going to come out, but ir turned out good!

I mean this is by far a 'show quality' install, but I main goal was to have everything look nice and have it be clean. I think I did accomplish that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully your experience with eD will be a good one, not everyones is...

:lol:

Nice install though. You did take your time and do it right, congrats!

Have you dealt with them before?! They have got to be the best company Ive ever dealt with.

Took me a long time to get everything installed. If I had to add up all the hours, it would probably have been about 3 or 4 days straight of working.

I sure did deal with them and will never ever ever ever again. Even if they were the last audio manufacturer for subs/amps on the planet I wouldnt deal with them.

Their customer service was no service and was a crock of crap. In the end I just pitched my subs vs trying to deal with their warranty repairs replacement procedure...

http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139

Theres the full story.

From what Ive heard their newer equipment is better than the sub I was running. THen again I heard some kind of rumor they screwed ID over? Dunno, dont care. All I know is I will NEVER support a company with shaddy business practices such as eD.

Before anyone tries to call me out on any of this heres your test. Stroll into the eD forum and post a link to my review. They will stiffle the truth and probably IP ban you...

:lol: