spend 7hrs buffing today...

THe_DeTAiL3R

Didn't get as much done on this 3-day weekend as I wanted to... :confused:

Got the roof DONE and trunklid/spoiler, and a quick polish on the top of the quarter panels.

Wetsanded the roof and trunklid, the trunklid I had put touchup paint on the scratches which are now invisible. Wetsanded the orange peel off my spoiler (painted it myself). Then 3M compound and swirl mark remover. Paint seal after that (in the pics).

So that's pretty much all I got done in 6-7hrs... washed the car before that of course.

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

paintsealant.jpg

FU.jpg

(stupid flash screwed up the pic)

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

trunklid.jpg

street.jpg

Also I bought this stuff. I didn't have much time but i wanted to see if it works, so I used a terry cloth and HOLY SHIT the more I used it on my wheels the closer it got to looking as shiney as when my friend first polished them!!!

I can't wait to sit around for a few hours on a nice day and make my wheels shiney again!!!!

IMG_2614.jpg

...not bad for 11 year old paint :wink:

can you use that powerball stuff with a terry towel too? i'd like to try that on my wheels

The PowerMetal polish you can use with a terry cloth... that's what I did. It got damn dirty real fast!!

I think the powerball would work really nice, but I question how durable it is, and $30 is a bit pricey...

holy shit dave...now that's results!!! Excellent work! Do you know what the equivalent of what you used would be in the USA, or is that only sold in good old Canadia? :mrgreen:

Where did you get the paint for the spoiler?

I need to paint the one on the GTP. It was originally the metallic blue color, and the paint on it now is a darker red than the rest of the car. It's orange peeled terribly and is chipping off in places. I'd also like to paint some of the body cladding as well, it's all in pretty bad shape.

I like your sanding results, that is exactly what both cars need right now.

can you use that powerball stuff with a terry towel too? i'd like to try that on my wheels

The PowerMetal polish you can use with a terry cloth... that's what I did. It got damn dirty real fast!!

I think the powerball would work really nice, but I question how durable it is, and $30 is a bit pricey...

Ive used it many times so far. It still looks brand new after cleaning it with water. Believe me $30 isnt bad at all considering out well everything turns out. Trust me. Get it for yourself and youll be inpresses

holy shit dave...now that's results!!! Excellent work! Do you know what the equivalent of what you used would be in the USA, or is that only sold in good old Canadia? :mrgreen:

The paint sealant didn't make it shiney... the 3M products, sanding block and the buffer did ;) you could use any wax to finish it, and it would look the same...

Where did you get the paint for the spoiler?

I need to paint the one on the GTP. It was originally the metallic blue color, and the paint on it now is a darker red than the rest of the car. It's orange peeled terribly and is chipping off in places. I'd also like to paint some of the body cladding as well, it's all in pretty bad shape.

I like your sanding results, that is exactly what both cars need right now.

Duplicolor Colormatch in spray cans. I used 2 cans for my spoiler. Then 3 coats of clearcoat. It was orange-peeled to hell, but after wetsanding it looks like the rest of the car :)

Heres pics of when I did it last year http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dsjune/95%20GP/spoiler%20painted/

fucking A !!! Was this with a buffer? If it was by hand then, damn.

DeWalt buffer and 3M pads.

Very nice work... that paint looks more like glass than your windows do! :lol:

I'm thinking about doing that to my charger... the paints awesome because it's new, but it has the factory orange peel on it. Kinda bugs me after i get it washed and I want it to be perfect.