Guest RedCutlassSL

Guest RedCutlassSL

I have got a 95 Cutlass with the 3100 v6. I've got either the 4t60 or 4t60e tranny. Anyway, about a month ago I blew the tranny, and I got it replaced with a used or rebuilt one. I'm not sure. I'm leaning more to the side of used. Anyway, all was well and good, I was back to smoking those ricers and enjoying my Cutty. Like a week ago, when the car is completely cold, like after sitting for the evening, it does something odd. I start the car, put it in gear, any gear, hit the gas. The engine revs, thats it. I might get some motion, but its very little. After the engine warms up or I shut the engine off and try it a couple times, it'll grab the gears and everything is fine. It shifts normally, and there are no noises. I checked the fluid and its fine. Any suggestions on what is wrong? Thanks for the help.

Lucas makes an awsome transmission stop slip additive. It would be worh a shot to add it when you go to change the tranny fluid and filter. It took care of my slip in my TH440 trans in my Cutlass. I dont know is slippage is your problem, but if it is this stuff is great. They sell it at Carquest and many other auto parts atores.