lets get started on our A pillar glassin!!!

garyk1970

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=89

That is one of the ones I have found so far....

I'm still trying to decide now if I want a triple, I do, but they don't make a damn 0-200psi ELECTRIC pressure gauge for a trans pressure gauge in the style I want, damn them, so i dunno how well getting a mechanical one to run up thru the engine bay to the gauge would work....It would be nice though.

z28pwr, youre the man,$12.99 for a triple is a steal,i paid $24 or $29 for my double at advance auto parts... :redface:my guages have been in for a week now, and i love them...some people who have seen them think that i ordered this pillar and i have to prove by showing pics.... :lol:

Well update:

I got the triple gauge pod and went to the JY and got me a pillar.....We have such ghetto ass junk yards, full of nothing but piece of shit pile of craps, plus, about 85% of the people there are non-american race, *solo espanol*, so you can't find somone to speak english and no decent cars at all, there was only ONE, yes ONE, 2 door Grand Prix there that had the pillar :rolleyes: Shit tons of piles of craps is all, NO more than base loaded cars either, not ONE single car there with leather, no GTPs, nothing, crap Luminas, every, BAH, Utah junk yards suck SO bad....

Anyways, I got all the stuff and working on it. A triple gauge pillar isn't very easy to work with I decided, not much room....but it works....

One side of the pod fit pretty flush however, the other side, big gaping hole. Oh and I just got fiberglass resin with harderner, not the strand stuff, so I went and got some fiberglass cloth stuff to try, me being a rookie and never done this, I'm not to worried about it being perfect, I'm not that big of a complainer, if it works, I'm content. Besides, I left all the screws in to hold it down too, so it isn't going anywhere....for a first try, we'll see how it goes....

I attempted to do this a few years ago but never finished. Takes a lot of time to sand, but if you have the time it's not too difficult. I cut the pod and glued both parts to a spare pillar cause the universal pod I bought wasn't at the right angle for our cars.

pod18ih.jpg

pod24bn.jpg

That came out real nice, I did the same exact thing, but mine are up a little higher, past the defrost hole. I used fuser to bond the gages to the pillar but first I took a heat gun and heated up the pods enough to manipulate them to fit perfectly to the pillar. I used very little filler on mine, and I even went to the length of making the stock texture look, by using rubber seal undercoating to match the texture of the interior. Tell me what you think. :worshippy:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

looks great....really smooth....actually almost too smooth looks like it could use more texture unless its just the pictures! wanna make me a grey one??

:dunno: sorry forgot to put the color in. Its not dye, its actually regular paint made for interior. I used PPG paint I got from Motor Supply. I can’t remember the code that was on it, I have it at the shop I work at part time, and I’ll try to remember to get for you. They don’t have the right interior color for the 1990 Turbo Grand Prix that will match so I took a sample and they did a color match and I think it came from the interior from a 1995 Buick Regal. If anyone is interested in having this done just let me know. Here is a better picture of the side view.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

you double pod guys seem to have it a lot easier, it definitely appears to be a tighter fit with 3, hopefully I'll get to working on mine here today, damn Autometer knows what they want for that Intake Temp. gauge :eek: :rolleyes: $500 in gauges here soon, damn!!!!

I would shop around a bit. Autometer is no longer on my want list. seeing they are paying for spots in movies like Herbie and the quality still sucks. my boost gauge rings like a bell and is so annoying. doesnt read accurate and I just bought it. I will probably keep and install the tranny temp gauge from auto meter and pray it works. Jeff M found some nice dual function gauges that looked pretty cool but I forgot the brand of them.

yea they are WAY more commercialized now, and you know that the consumer pays for advertizing. they probably make those boost gauges in china for $5-$10 by the millions. not like you have anything unique to show for all that $$$.

yea they are WAY more commercialized now, and you know that the consumer pays for advertizing. they probably make those boost gauges in china for $5-$10 by the millions. not like you have anything unique to show for all that $$$.

Well, for 1, if I was really wanting something WAY unique and worried about the money, I wouldn't have a TGP. 2, I really don't buy the gauges for looks, function over form here....There isn't much to look at besides a white face and black numbers? Plus with tinted windows its not like anyone can really see them anyways but me. Monitoring engine function > appearance :wink:

My electric boost gauge and EGT gauges both work flawlessly, as well as the 8 gauges our Trans-Am, and the 11 or so in my cousin's '79 Z/28, I'm going to go ahead and say they seem to be just fine.... :eek:

maybe its just the z-series that I got. Im about to go spray some tri-flow in it or something to get that annoying ringing sound out, either that or rip the damn thing out of my TGP. the factory boost gauge is all I need for now. turbo timer with many functions including volts on the steering column. single gauge pod for tranny temp on the pillar, keep it simple.

I wonder how much more the electric boost gauge is and how does it differ from the mechanical.

A LOT more, I paid upwards of $200 for mine...they have actually gone down in price, BIN on Ebay for $179....

How does it differ....it uses a MAP sensor, yes, it uses an Autometer MAP sensor, that is why its so much, that sensor is ~$50-$70 by itself.....You wire it just like a MAP sensor, 3 wires, then a vacuum hose in it. All wires, mine is a top of the line recall and warning one, its a nice ass gauge actually, Autometer part# 4376