Jeff, Jim, anyone with a clue.....??

Jeorge

Well I did a tune up on her after how long of saying I was going to.

and well Its still has the Jitters.

Its now getting better gas milage but not much.

it went from 13mpg to 17 when befor I was getting 19-23 avg.

when I go to take off its like it hesitates at low RPMs anything below 2200 befor the tune up it was from 2000 to about 2800 RPMs that this would happen.

it also smells like Gas Really bad when I have the Sunroof open and I Floor it at Hwy speeds. and it seems to be laging really bad. except in the 3500-5000rpm range.

I was wondering if a Fuel filter and a o2 sencor might fix this or my Friend thinks it may be a timming sencor what do you think?

BTY it only pulls code 12 and no service lights come on when driving.

also it seems to be loosing oil in the center of the engine under the car some where but its never low when I check it? any Ideas there??

My car smells like gas every now and then, but I think it was just the cracked cross-x pipe [do you have a new one?]. You also might have a bad coil/wire/plug not sending spark to burn the fuel.

A cracked crossover pipe is going to introduce air before the o2 sensor and cause a false lean air/fuel mixture reading, which is compensated by the ECM with more fuel added than needed >> RICH! And also gives you areas of weak power, and rich fuel smells as the cat plugs up. Since you have not thrown a rich code, then I don’t see it being the fuel pressure regulator that likes to go at about 100K/10 years. It was asked if you have the original crossover pipe, well do you, and why :? ??

Jeff M

well how to answare that ..... as far as I know its the origanal one.

my car has just turned to 135K, and I have never had this problem untill last year when I got the two flat tires and idled home 3 hours on a flat dounut.....but befor that I was noticing it getting alittle slower from when I first got her in nov of 01, when I could kick ass in it......

its slugish on the low rpms but fine on the 2500+ but it does seem to second guess reving to 4K+ it like reves up then down and

up again....

and the prev owners before the person I bought it from just abused the car Im guessing being they jumped all the relays for the headlights thats why I had to get a new harness......

and Im only getting 16-17mpg when I was getting 20+ before avg.