nebojsa_o

Alpine makes a 5.25" Type R roundy..

Not to hijack, but what is the RPO for Premium Audio? I was reading this thread, and I was all like Holy Shit! Because I was gettin BAD feedback from the Pioneer I put in.. I go look and there is a second set of wires coming off the speakers!! Now the feedback is gone.. I am wondering is all.. THanks! :willynilly:

I was gonna let it die off, but I guess I gotta tell ya now. I already bought new speakers. I got them from Krazy Kilieys or however that goes. I got quite a few things from there before, and never had any problems... I'm not sure who you were dealing with.

Anyways, I got Alpine SPS-69C3 for the back, and Alpine SPS-13C2 for the front. I installed the rear ones today, and am currently trying to get the damn door panel off so I can install the front speakers...

The rear ones sound fucking awesome already, I'm already happy. Now just to get the fronts in.. :willynilly:

Are there any tricks to getting the drivers door off?? I got all the little plastic pieces pulled out, but there is something holding it in center. What the hell is it?

Alpine makes a 5.25" Type R roundy..

Not to hijack, but what is the RPO for Premium Audio? I was reading this thread, and I was all like Holy Shit! Because I was gettin BAD feedback from the Pioneer I put in.. I go look and there is a second set of wires coming off the speakers!! Now the feedback is gone.. I am wondering is all.. THanks! :willynilly:

Word, i'm pretty sure my car has premium audio because it does have the door speaker option although it sound pretty good with the exception of the rear speakers distorting at volumes over 18/30 on my Pioneer DEH-1600 head unit

I was gonna let it die off, but I guess I gotta tell ya now. I already bought new speakers. I got them from Krazy Kilieys or however that goes. I got quite a few things from there before, and never had any problems... I'm not sure who you were dealing with.

Anyways, I got Alpine SPS-69C3 for the back, and Alpine SPS-13C2 for the front. I installed the rear ones today, and am currently trying to get the damn door panel off so I can install the front speakers...

The rear ones sound fucking awesome already, I'm already happy. Now just to get the fronts in.. :willynilly:

Are there any tricks to getting the drivers door off?? I got all the little plastic pieces pulled out, but there is something holding it in center. What the hell is it?

Where your power locks and window buttons are, pop that off, and theres gonna be 2 screw in there that hold it on. Other than that, just those damn plastic thingys and youll be set.

FYI: His car is a 96..

But I think it involves taking the plastic panels off, and there should be a BIG ass phillips screw holding the handle on if your handle is a different part of the door.. Good luck..

RPO is UQ3... "performance enhanced audio" or "dimensional sound speaker system"

If you have door speakers, pre-95 coupe or sedan, you have the premium audio.

Well thanks for the help guys, but I managed to get it open. There is only 1 big screw holding it in the center, guess GM got too cheap for 2 screws in '96... :lol:

The speakers went in pretty easy. I had to cut a small piece of the plastic bracket off, so it fits easily...

At first the right front speaker gave me shit, had no bass whatsoever. I already started thinking I got a defective speaker, becuase I couldn't hear any bass. I fucked around with the wires for a while, and that fixed the problem... So I got all the speakers working, and it sounds...

FUCKING AWESOME@!?1#@$!%!~! :willynilly:

I guess it's not spectacular, but compared to the factory stuff, it's incredible...

Thanks for the help/opinions/and everything else guys. :rocking:

Glad you have good experiences with them....many of my friends deal there and say they like them. I don't have anyone that I eal with personally there...but I think Chad?? is the guy my friends deal with.

I deal at A&B and don't mind it too much. I've bought so much stuff there they give me everything at or below cost now lol...so I can't complain.