crc

Is it possible to manually read the ABS codes? The brake light (on the digital dash) is on and anti-lock is blinking. I recently worked on my brakes (changed pads, flushed brake lines,etc) and everything went fine. The brakes are firm and I've tested the abs on the road (it works). Not sure what's going on. I'm suspicous about the wires going into the rear sensors, but then again it could be something else. Any ideas? What does a blinking abs light mean on the dash as appose to a solid one?

What does a blinking abs light mean on the dash as appose to a solid one?

A blinking light means that part of the abs system is malfunctioning but ABS still works. A solid light means that the abs system has a severe malfunction and has been disabled and there is no abs. Sounds like you have a power master :lol: What year/car? BTW there is no way to read the abs codes on these vehicles. They do not do manual flashing codes for abs

Guest Anonymous

My anti-loc was on solid until I found the wires going to the front drivers side speed sensor were ripped apart. Fixed that and now it just flashes. Powermaster is still junk though. :lol:

It's a 90 CS International. Never had any problems with the ABS till recently. What happens is the brake light that usually turns off once you release e-brakes comes back on about 5 minutes later. Soon after that the ABS light starts flashing. I think the powermaster is fine because I haven't noticed anything unusual, plus the unit is much newer than the car (previous owner replaced it). But then again at this point since I don't have a bi-directional reader I don't know what's going on. Could be just the wires leading to the wheel sensors, they are starting to look a bit rough.

BTW, if the brake fluid level in the resevoir gets too low during a brake line flushing, what could happen?