Darksyde

Ok I been installing for a while now. Juts picked up a new Sony Xplod HU.(CDX-FW700) Awesome deck really makes everything sound amazing. However in CD mode I have absolutely no signal to my Sub. output. In AUX and Tuner everything sounds fine. But in CD nothing. The box appeared to be retaped after i looked at it again. I noticed i didnt have the 2 tools you use to remove the HU from the cage. As well as the remote's battery was dead. So I was curious if y'll think it's a HU problem. Which i Think it is. I'll be taking the HU and HU only out of my car and returning it. I'm ready to put up a hell of a fight if the done exchange it. I'm nut cutting the plug out and resplicing everything again.......Shit damn thing took about 25 minutes just to get the damn wiring to fit in behind the HU. Ah well that was my question/vent post.....

I would bring it back... and get a Kenwood or Pioneer :lol: :joke:

But seriously if you know you got it hooked up right then don't bother fucking around with it, just get another one.

:werd: That definitely sounds like a HU problem.

The worst part by far of installing a stereo is manuvering the wires to get the damn thing to fit in all the way. :bash:

The worst part by far of installing a stereo is manuvering the wires to get the damn thing to fit in all the way.

No shit....when I installed my h/u it took 10minutes of maneovouring to make everything fit back there......I would jam it somewhere perfect, and I moved the plug like an eigth of an inch, boom, all the wires fall out lol...

Yea i called up wallyworld and said they would do a even up HU for HU trade and i could keep the wiring, problem is the local store has no more of them and doesnt know when they will get anymore. So tomorrow i'm gonna call a cpl other locations.....sigh stupid wallyworld :bash: :bash:

Sony HU's seem to be longer than any other companies', I've noticed.

You've never installed a Dual deck, have you? LOL, those bitches are long, and come with a foot of wiring. When installing them, I usually cut most of the length of wire off.

Anyone ever try installing a deck into a 95-96-ish Buich Riviera with the flust mount kit? There is no room behind the deck, seriously. The back of the deck sits flush with the back of the dash. And, you can't break out plastic at that point, because behind the radio is a big ass strip of metal.