rackandpinion (all done)

jimmy91444

My rackandpinion is leaking badly,I have the one with a electrical plugin.

The yard around here only have the one without the electrical plugin. will there be any problem in installing one without the plugin. like I don't want to install it and find out that the engine stall every time i turn the steering.

it's for my 93 3.1 4door.

I went back to the yard this morning and we found one with the plugin.

Now as I explained into anoter tread, I could not undo the rear bolt on the craddle, too thight and affraid of breaking them. So I did every thing with the craddle up. It's thight but with a bit of twisting and pulling it came out.

Today I put it back in ,it went pretty good, The only hart thing was to reconnec the steering shaft to the rack. The booth hide the joint and then you have to propperly aling the joint to the shaft on the rack. I had to ask help from the neighbor. I took some pictures but they did not come out very good (too dark).

when i did my interior swap, i ended up cutting the boot a bit because the new steering column wouldn't fit into the joint. i had to take the air chisel to it to widen it a bit