....New deck....pics added

1990lumina

Hi guys...I'm wondering what the dash kit and everything looks like installed in a 90-94 Lumina....with a 1 DIN deck in the dash kit.....could you please post a couple pics, I'm wondering how much everything sticks out from the dash.....thanks very much :D

Okay cool, thanks guys.

I'l post up some tomorrow of mine...I was wondering what everything would look like before I went and bought a new deck.

Anyway, I offically ditched the factory deck....piece of shit was more trouble then it's worth. Tomorrow I'll update with some pictures and show you the deck I got...(not the greatest, definately better then factory though)....

Thanks again for posting those pictures guys :D

Okay, here's a couple pictures:

H/U and Sirius receiver (do't judge my taste in music....some nice relaxing stuff was on driving home from work lol)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Dscn1206.jpg

This deck has a set of RCA aux. inputs, so I ran a mini jack to rca line down through my ash tray (since I don't smoke) and this picture just shows my sister's iRiver plugged into it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Dscn1207.jpg

Deck close up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Dscn1210.jpg

Faceplate off and Sirius put away

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Dscn1211.jpg

What happened with the factory deck?

Got pissed off with the whining through the speakers, the lack of adding on to it, how after $230 cdn put into it, it still doesn't play cds all the time, and having to tap the top of my dash above the cd player to make it play a cd....it was all getting ridicous (sp?) so I got pissed off, disconnected the amp and rewired everything...and now I'm running straight off the deck.

To my surprise NO whining or anything....and it's powerful enough for my taste right off the deck power, so that is how it will stay.

The deck itself is a Kenwood KDC-MP5028

I got a very good deal on it I think, so I can't complain.

So as much as I'd like to have kept the factory look, i've found it much much easier to just buy this and be done with it. It plays mp3, wma, aac formats...has that aux. input, only two preouts, but I'll never use them anyway....

Thanks for looking

So no more whining sound, eh? Good!

You should plug the mini headphone jack into the line out on the Sirius receiver. This should get you a direct connection into the deck for better sound quality.

You should plug the mini headphone jack into the line out on the Sirius receiver. This should get you a direct connection into the deck for better sound quality.

I was going to say that too, but I was hoping you'd already done it. :lol:

Yeah it does give a little better quality....I just didn't have it plugged in in the pictures because I just quickly turned on the Sirius and snapped the pics (cold as hell lol)

Where did you get that install kit? I like that

I got it at Future Shop.....(I think Best Buy owns Future Shop)...it's called "The Kit Experts" ......."Best Kits & Harnesses"..... for 1982-UP GM Universal With 15 OEM Style Brackets Includes Flat, 1/2", And 1" Trimplates. BKGM4

I used the flat trimplate as shown in the picture and I think it looks decent...I also got the wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter.

Dibs on the CD player!

As much as I disliked it, I'm gonna hold onto it just in case I buy another older GM car to drive I can put it in for a quick sound source....it still works, just not perfectly.

$20cdn it would have been cheaper if the kit not included all those other useless adapters and stuff for the other 100 vehicles this thing can work with lol....

If you mean how much did I pay for the deck, I paid $226cdn with tax