The TSTE rebuild topic (56k get cable)

GutlessSupreme

It's still stock besides no cat right now. I have a high-flow cat that came with the car that'll be going in (required in RI and I firmly believe in their use anyway semi I'm part motorhead part environazi).

It'll probably be a little while before I can afford a new exhaust, but my plans are 2.5" stainless all the way back with an electronic cutout (when I can figure out where to fit it) and probably a dual outlet magnaflow that will branch out to both tips.

• 2 weeks later...

My Spec clutch came in yesterday :cool: some quick pics soon hopefully... thing's a beut. I was very happy with my order.. got it from horsepowerfreaks.com

Spring break is in 2 weeks.. I hope to have the motor in or damn well close to being in the car by then. Two hold ups may be getting the A/C system cleaned out and ready to go back together, and having a working PM3 system... I have 3 complete MC setups to choose from, I just need to figure out what's wrong with each one of them so I can make one good one :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The heads are on and the oiler tube is in place!!! :D fucking stupid things holding me up now.. pushrods will be ready for pickup at NAPA in the morning, but then I still need exhaust manifold bolts and flywheel/pressure plate bolts before I can finish putting the powertrain back together. gay! I need to put another coat of sealer and/or paint on the subframe before I put it back in too, don't want it to rust again.

So when making an oiler tube that sticks way up under the intake, remember to take into account that most decent LIM gaskets cover the whole bottom of the valley and will be in the way. and that cutting them to fit is no fun.

no pics, but trust me, it was messy.

LIM's on, fuel rail needs some help because I think the injectors I picked up are a little shorter than stock so I don't think they quite fit that well. but I'll take care of that.

pics soon.

LIM's on, fuel rail needs some help because I think the injectors I picked up are a little shorter than stock so I don't think they quite fit that well. but I'll take care of that.

What injectors are you using Tony?

What injectors are you using Tony?

24lb ferd blue tops. http://www.tgpforums.com/index.php?topic=3835.msg25848

DSCN0490%20(Small).JPG

DSCN0492%20(Small).JPG

DSCN0493%20(Small).JPG

DSCN0495%20(Small).JPG

DSCN0496%20(Small).JPG

DSCN0497%20(Small).JPG

When you install the injectors in the rail, place the retainer clips into the top slots on the injectors and they will be long enough to fit properly. I'll edit this with a stock vs. Ford injector comparison in few minutes...

into the slot that goes all the way around? hadn't thought of that but I guess they will hold there. I just felt uncomfortable because they seem to only fit snugly either in the LIM or in the rails, not both. I guess I don't really remember how the stockers fit in there though so maybe that's how they're supposed to be.

into the slot that goes all the way around? hadn't thought of that but I guess they will hold there. I just felt uncomfortable because they seem to only fit snugly either in the LIM or in the rails, not both. I guess I don't really remember how the stockers fit in there though so maybe that's how they're supposed to be.

Yep Tony, those slots.

myt.jpg

You can see there that the approximate o-ring to o-ring length on each injector is much closer when you use the upper slots on the Ford injector(I tried the lower slots and there was no way to get those to work short of maybe cutting off the pieces that allow you to bolt down the rail). FWIW, the o-rings on my Ford injectors seemed to be a tad slimmer, I ended up using some o-rings from a nitrile o-ring assortment kit that a friend of mine had laying around. After installing slightly larger o-rings, my injectors had a much more snug fit into the fuel rail and intake manifold. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pull an o-ring off of one of your old stock injectors and find that size at a parts store to use(a lot of mom & pop stores here sell nitrile o-rings in small packs, the larger chains might have them too, but I've never specifically looked for them).

Wow dude...wow, huge props.

thanks tony ;)

You can see there that the approximate o-ring to o-ring length on each injector is much closer when you use the upper slots on the Ford injector(I tried the lower slots and there was no way to get those to work short of maybe cutting off the pieces that allow you to bolt down the rail). FWIW, the o-rings on my Ford injectors seemed to be a tad slimmer, I ended up using some o-rings from a nitrile o-ring assortment kit that a friend of mine had laying around. After installing slightly larger o-rings, my injectors had a much more snug fit into the fuel rail and intake manifold.

yea, I had compared them height-wise but didn't really take into account the different slots. flybynite included some new o-rings with the injectors, I believe they're the same size as the stock ones. thanks for the help matt.

quick q, where can I get an assortment of fuel line o-rings? not injector ones, just for lines. NAPA sells little 4 piece kits that take care of the metal lines that come off the rails, but those are like 8 bucks X_X I'm looking for new ones for the whole way back to the tank.

I'm not really sure where you could find an assortment with those sizes Tony, unless you remove and measure the o-rings. McMaster Carr, Grainger, Harbor Freight, and numerous other online vendors sell assortment kits..some part stores sell them as well(I used to see them in Carquest at least). If you measure/have the o-rings sized up, post up your findings. I might grab a few fuel line o-rings from a junkyard W' later this week to size up. I wouldn't mind having a good assortment kit around if I needed some o-rings...

Actually, you can get a complete factory set of injector o-rings from autozone. Thats what I did on my 6000 LE here recently. Same o-rings, and are like 12 bucks for the entire set. They are a bit fatter that the OE in my opinion, but that just makes for a complete seal.

Brian, what brand were your part store replacements? The stores in my area typically carry GP-Sorenson brand and they're slimmer than the factory o-rings(they were the same as the original Ford o-rings though). I'll take a picture tomorrow comparing all the o-rings tomorrow.

Oh yeah, Tony, how are you going to tune your car? :wink: If the blue tops are anything like the yellow tops, they flow a bit more than advertised on our fuel pressure. Bruce at Fiveomotorsports confirmed for me that Ford 19lb yellow top injectors flow 21lbs/hr @ 43.5psi. I also have results from Witchhunter performance that have them flowing right around 20-21lbs from a set I sent in for cleaning.

Actually, you can get a complete factory set of injector o-rings from autozone. Thats what I did on my 6000 LE here recently. Same o-rings, and are like 12 bucks for the entire set. They are a bit fatter that the OE in my opinion, but that just makes for a complete seal.

no no, I'm not looking for the injector ones. I'm looking for the line o-rings, between the tank/filter and the engine bay, and then we have short pipes in the engine bay that go to the rails.

Oh yeah, Tony, how are you going to tune your car? :wink: If the blue tops are anything like the yellow tops, they flow a bit more than advertised on our fuel pressure. Bruce at Fiveomotorsports confirmed for me that Ford 19lb yellow top injectors flow 21lbs/hr @ 43.5psi. I also have results from Witchhunter performance that have them flowing right around 20-21lbs from a set I sent in for cleaning.

I have a 5 speed chip from Davis that he said he could patch up for me. I figure I'll drive it pretty easy, get some data logging in, and let him know the results so he can adjust the program for me.

SUBFRAME is IN!!!

FUCK what a pain in the ass that was!!! took me at least fucking 4 hours. I couldn't get the fucking top/bottom bushings to fit into each other like they're supposed to for the life of me. anyways. looks mint. just need to quickly spraybomb all the scratches I put on it :lol:

pics tomorrow?

SUBFRAME is IN!!!

FUCK what a pain in the ass that was!!! took me at least fucking 4 hours. I couldn't get the fucking top/bottom bushings to fit into each other like they're supposed to for the life of me. anyways. looks mint. just need to quickly spraybomb all the scratches I put on it :lol:

pics tomorrow?

Excellent.

SUBFRAME is IN!!!

pics tomorrow?

pics today?