The TSTE rebuild topic (56k get cable)

GutlessSupreme

*boink*

new pics pg 13

and yes, I am probably going to try and clean up the rack/fluid lines a little because they look like crap. it was a bitch to get the lines back in place, i bent them up pretty bad.

[borat] Very Nice! [/borat]

Looks sweet though. Please tell me that rusty P/S pump is getting replaced. It's the first thing I noticed since the rest of bay is clean.

damn one step at a time :lol: i know it looks like shit. it doesn't leak at all though so I might just wirebrush it quick and spraybomb it. I'm already at least 4k into the rebuild and am trying not to spend any more than I really need to at this point...

HOLY SHIT I ESCITED!

i was thinking about parts I had laying around and remembered a tennis ball tube full of random odd and end bolts that came with the Getrag...

SURE ENOUGH, flywheel and pressure plate bolts where in there. so sweet.

so now officially the only things I need to be able to complete the 5 speed swap is a lower mount (which I found the part # for and found on the Vintage Parts website, it's like $75 shipped), a shifter bracket (TurboSedan is supposed to be sending me a whole shifter), a 5 speed console top, and of course... the impossible to find intermediate shaft bracket.

I guess a turbo support bracket and working parking brake would help as well, but hey, I'm getting there.

lol kbye.

Your motor does not happen to have a vagina does it? I wanna do eeeeet.

if you ever touch my motor with your dick I'll cut it the fuck off and make you eat it.

Your motor does not happen to have a vagina does it? I wanna do eeeeet.

if you ever touch my motor with your dick I'll cut it the fuck off and make you eat it.

ROFL. Sig'd

for the time being, yes. no way I can afford to drop 1300 on something decent anytime soon. even then I'll have to keep an eye on good ebay deals. I'd probably only go as big as a disco potato. i'm still using stock rods and federal mogul cast pistons, so we'll have to see how the bottom end does first. if i blow another motor that'll be it for w-bodies. 3 is enough.

Lookin good man. Loving your new sig pic too....

heh, thanks.

I was going through my old pics and that's the only one I have where you can clearly see all 3. TGP was long since torn down when I finally got the STE so it looks like shit anyway lol.

and damn those 245s were huge on the Cutlass..

• 2 weeks later...

cutting 1/4" steel plating with a dremel and die grinder with a 3 gallon tank sucks like nothing else.

uuugh.

well my shit will never break anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

hoping to drop the motor in today, but that's only if I can get ahold of a welder to finish my tranny & turbo brackets.

so I didn't do it. but I have the brackets made that I needed for the getrag swap. I decided there are a couple of odds and ends I want to finish up before dropping it it just because it'll make it easier. but it's ready to go in. it won't be driveable for some time still though.