The TSTE rebuild topic (56k get cable)

GutlessSupreme

new pics cause i'm avoiding studying for my composition of materials exam... :willynilly:

stock exhaust

100_1595%20(Medium).JPG

most current engine shot

100_1599%20(Medium).JPG

interior getting cleaner

100_1608%20(Medium).JPG

Sony MEX-BT2500

100_1610%20(Medium).JPG

wiring for a bunch of shit, switches will be where the ash tray used to be (2 fan switches, A/F gauge on/off switch, DIC on/off switch - the beeping is soo annoying sometimes)

100_1611%20(Medium).JPG

PAC SWI-5 which works MINT with my Sony.

100_1612%20(Medium).JPG

clean

100_1613%20(Medium).JPG

clean clean

100_1614%20(Medium).JPG

clean clean clean + aweb rstb

100_1615%20(Medium).JPG

100_1597%20(Medium).JPG

100_1617%20(Medium).JPG

btw, some of the pics look stupidly out of focus because it's my girlfriend's camera and I dropped it on the lense while it was open one day and it got a little fucked up... :confused: sooo... yea it doesn't focus perfectly anymore. I need to bring it in before the warrenty is up.

what and where did you get that coupler from the intercooler to the charge pipe?

Very Cool! :thumb:

I haven't a clue, it came on my old TGP when I got it :dunno: Seems way better than the stock soft baffled hose though. and thanks!

that is awesome. I'm kind of jealous.

hehe. if you had any idea what this car has (and the TGP had) taken out of my life and my bank account, you wouldn't be that jealous.

Frustratingly, I can't even drive the damn thing, because I can't afford an alignment and it currently has no exhaust to speak of :evil:

hehe. if you had any idea what this car has (and the TGP had) taken out of my life and my bank account, you wouldn't be that jealous.

Frustratingly, I can't even drive the damn thing, because I can't afford an alignment and it currently has no exhaust to speak of :evil:

That may be true, however looking at it now it seemed to be all worth it!! And money can always be made again!

That may be true, however looking at it now it seemed to be all worth it!! And money can always be made again!

Yeah...thank God for the incredible W-Body reslae value, huh? LOL Just kiddin' man. That thing is frickin awesome! Only thing...that's not how you install an AWeb RSTB you silly bastard! :wink:

I wonder if that coupler you have at the intercooler is the pipe for the stock intake system? It comes from the intake on the passenger side to the square box. It looks like it from here but I could be wrong. What type of material is it?

Looking Great!!!!!

I wonder if that coupler you have at the intercooler is the pipe for the stock intake system? It comes from the intake on the passenger side to the square box. It looks like it from here but I could be wrong. What type of material is it?

Now that you mention it, that sure looks like what was used.

thanks guys :D

yea I'm pretty sure that's not the stock connector for the airbox.. it's way too stiff. Plus, I don't think it has the metal rings inside.

If I am remembering correctly, there was a stiff part of the airbox assembly. The part that went from the air filter to the passenger side hole.

That section is stiff, but it doesn't appear to be as smooth as the piece Tony has on his car.

nothing wrong with the dogbones? lol. the engine sides have poly inserts, I think turby did them a long time ago, back when no1kicker still owned the car.

If you're talking about the paint, I just haven't hit the other mount with high gloss yet lol.

fucking crank/no start condition.

i hate these cars.

I need to buy a fucking fuel pressure gauge...

anyway. got a couple of tests to do. hopefully I'll have an update by the weekend.

Crank Position Sensor!

brand new, and it's already run fine.

naw he did that with the rebuild, he's using parts off my old TGP that didnt like to start without carb cleaner in the intake.

The TGP lives

DON'T JINX MY SHIT! :lol: and the problem with the TGP was the damn fuel pump wiring.

I'm gonna follow the service manual diagnostics step by step until I can track it down. I have a few feelings but I have to test to be sure. Pretty much no matter what it is, I have something to swap and test. It may be a wiring issue on my part however.

So I went out and cranked it today, and WHOOM - it fired RIGHT up, 1st crank. Problem now is the idle is stuck between 1900-2400 rpm (according to tunerpro). I can't figure this one out. Everyone says vacuum leak when I do a search.. but a vacuum leak didn't just develop over the past two days. Plus, it's steady. It's not surging or anything, it varies ~100 rpms at a time and will slowly climb up or slowly down.

At first it seemed as if moving the 3 connectors near the ECM (the ones that go to the injector harness) made it a little better or worse. The other day I had done a circuit test and shoved the end of a probe into a pin socket, so it kind of enlarged it to the point where maybe the pin would be loose. Well, ended up replacing that single pin socket with one from my TGP harness, so the contact is good now. But now moving the harness doesn't seem to make a difference at all. TunerPro reported IAC voltage was normal. I didn't want to fool around with it too much as it's getting late and I still have no mufflers.

bah.

Check for bad grounds...I had a similar starting problem and wiggling the pcm harness made it start or not. Turned out to be a bad engine to body ground.