Turbo Grand Prix for sale

UWIautoparts

If anyone is interested in buying a 1990 TSTE let me know. We are located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The body is decent, but the turbo is seized and was driven for awhile with the air intake disconnected from the turbo inlet. Engine compartment is covered with carbon. If anyone is interested, please call me at 269-345-1183, my name is Jaret, or you can e-mail me at agoatlives@hotmail.com. The price is negotiable.

It has leather seats and original 16" painted wheels. Color is white. I do not know the mileage as of yet...we just got it in a few days ago. I should know more by tomorrow.

Please don't hesitate to call, any calls are greatly appreciated.

I went out and started it this morning...I put a battery in it and she fired right up, good oil pressure, no knocking. Asking price is 1,200.00, negotiable plus Michiagn tax and title. 6% tax, $15.00 title.

Photos:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f344/UWIautoparts/

139,500 miles, factory moonroof, leather. Interior could use a good scrubbing. Power steering and brake booster inop. Door handle, driver's side front broken, inside and out (imagine that)

Feel free to call me, I will be at the shop Thursday and Saturday

269-345-1183

My name is Jaret.[/url]

$1200 for that!?!?!? LMFAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I know no flaming, but that definately does NOT look like a $1200 car to me.

The low coolant and SES lights are on. I hope the antifreeze is just low and it doesn't have a radiator leak, radiators are NOT cheap for the turbo cars. And an SES light when you're selling a car is typically not a good thing. Might want to check and see what code it is.

Look at my sig, with 69k on it and the rarer red color mine was $1800 and my power brakes and power steering both worked with no SES or low coolant light.....

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan

don't take it the wrong way Jaret, these cars are very special but their value isn't up there (yet). maybe they will be worth more in 10 years but for right now the Turbo Grand Prixs are barely worth more than a regular Grand Prix.

IMO, $700 OBO would be a fair asking price but you're likely only going to get $500 due to the huge list of problems.

I will give you 400 bucks for it and thats only if I see some pics of the motor. Something cause that drivers side hood louver to turn black, And I would need to know what happened befor I commited to it..

just got an email from him:

"I'll sell it for $700 plus tax title.

Come on out and get it."

hell the PS pump and the "brake booster" are inop too!! Realistically that car should be parted...

not parted. It is quite salvageable in its current condition. but The price is the problem. True it is worth more in parts. but its worth more to the TGP comunity whole. Thats my 2 cents.

Good luck selling it. Really, if it was well cleaned, it wouldn't look too bad. $700 is probably a fair price for it since it DOES run, but be ready to haggle, because I'm sure whoever buys it will want to go lower.

I can never stomach parting out a car of less than 4000 production unless it is totalled, which is why Josh HAS his TSTE in the first place. My stepdad, and many people told me to part that car out, and save some spare parts for my own car. As soon as I hooked a jumper pack to it, and it roared to life, I couldn't even consider parting it out. Now I'm glad I didn't! I can't wait to see what Josh does with that car. :) He has a lot more resources for fixing the car than I do/did.

Good luck selling it. Really, if it was well cleaned, it wouldn't look too bad. $700 is probably a fair price for it since it DOES run, but be ready to haggle, because I'm sure whoever buys it will want to go lower.

I can never stomach parting out a car of less than 4000 production unless it is totalled, which is why Josh HAS his TSTE in the first place. My stepdad, and many people told me to part that car out, and save some spare parts for my own car. As soon as I hooked a jumper pack to it, and it roared to life, I couldn't even consider parting it out. Now I'm glad I didn't! I can't wait to see what Josh does with that car. :) He has a lot more resources for fixing the car than I do/did.

The thing is it does run but he has said nothing about it building boost. My educated guess (looks like it had a turbo fire) would tell me the car does not make boost, which to me makes it worth a lot less.

Shawn

but the turbo is seized and was driven for awhile with the air intake disconnected

didn't even see that part....

so yeah, my guess was right.

Thats why its not worth shit to me. T25's aren't cheap...

but the turbo is seized and was driven for awhile with the air intake disconnected

they are if you buy them off here...

parts are only worth anything to j-body guys, and even they're not interested in T-25s.. most of them have moved on.

they are if you buy them off here...

parts are only worth anything to j-body guys, and even they're not interested in T-25s.. most of them have moved on.

Personally I agree with the j-body guys and wouldn't use a T25 anyways, however on here they still go for like $200+ from what I've seen, good ones anyways. A few years ago my dad paid like $500 to get his rebuilt on his TGP.

Shawn

I'd consider buying it if I could drive it home to Jackson (~1hr from K-Zoo) or Canton, but it wouldn't offer enough to claim it based on his asking price....free bump though

Jeremy, buy it and tow it back! I would be happy to help you with it!