IS Your W Car A Door Ding Magnet?

95oldsVan

I've been parking on end spots for over a decade, and I can't say I've ever had anyone round a corner and scrape my car, but even if they did, I'd rather have a scuffed bumper than a nasty ding. Even PDR often requires drilling holes on inside metal panels while fixing a scuffed bumper doesn't make swiss cheese out of your car.

Very true. And I, not only a few months before, started parking on end spots when the aforementioned incident happened. Just my luck :cry: Eh, maybe I'll start parking on ends again.

kinda from my knee when leaning over for hrs doing the intake gaskets

The left top of the fender on my RX-7 has small ripples in the metalwork from my dad and I leaning over to work on the rotary.....fuckin' thing lol...hours of work into that car to make it stop leaking oil...oh well hasn't leaked a drop in 2 years

I've been parking on end spots for over a decade, and I can't say I've ever had anyone round a corner and scrape my car, but even if they did, I'd rather have a scuffed bumper than a nasty ding. Even PDR often requires drilling holes on inside metal panels while fixing a scuffed bumper doesn't make swiss cheese out of your car.

Thats old school fixing...these days they can spot weld a temporary rod onto the dents and pull them out and then knock the rod off instantly after the dent is pulled.I was in a body shop and the bodyguy there showed me how its done.It was much better than drilling holes,pulling,filling,sanding etc.

No need to drill holes in them anymore.Any good bodyman can either fix it that way or the paintless dent guy can knock them out of its in a spot he/she can get their tools into.

:)

Oh, I know about the spot welding studs for serious bodywork.

It's the PDR I'm talking about where they drill holes. They have to drill holes in the jambs and such to get their PDR tools behind the panel. If you've ever had PDR done, you'll likely find plastic plugs all over the place in the door jambs, hood/trunk supports, etc.

[

Yes, this is how I am, well, that is when the car is running, it seems to be more of a magnet to extended periods of time sitting in the garage apart. Maybe that is why it had a mere 4,500 miles last year... :shock:

You've been doing some driving! :lol: I put around 1,500 miles on mine last year.

As far as door dings go, I never park next to anyone, I don't mind walking a little farther into a store or whatever if it saves me a few door dings on my cars. My GTP and TGP don't have any that I know of, my '93 has a couple(which is expected with 247,000 miles worth of driving...I've never put a dent in my own car, chalk up all my door dings to careless assholes in random parking lots over the years...notably, the parking lots at the college campus when I was in school. :oops: )

My cars own3d all yours with the massive hail damage it has! I need a new hood trunk lid and both front fenders (easier replacing fenders than repairing them!). Both rear quarterpanels and the roof need bodywork. I found out that my left rear door had some bondo on it when I was washing my car with my power washer. No dent, rust or anything, just random body filler. When it gets warm out I plan on fixing it all but for now I just consider it a loss. And besides without bodydamage it's no fun to drive it like a rally car :lol:

i double park at malls if i can :lol: as far away from the doors as possible and i will angle park in 2 stalls

I HATE people that park like that. I always want to key their cars. :evil:

Those are the times when I wish I had a really beat up wreck and I'd park right next to their car so close they have to get in on the passenger side.

i double park at malls if i can :lol: as far away from the doors as possible and i will angle park in 2 stalls

Those are the times when I wish I had a really beat up wreck and I'd park right next to their car so close they have to get in on the passenger side.

:werd: :withstupid: I hate that too very much, I agree and wish everything you just said too, a beater to do that would be awesome

i generally look for ricers, because logic has it that they care about their car enough to not wail their doors into the cars beside them

When I was Future Shop on Monday I had my dad's Volvo and I parked in the middle of no where in the parking lot....I told my buddy, just watch, we'll come out, and some fuck will be parked right beside it...gues what!

Fucking cunt parks his Ford F-150 RIGHT beside me...over the line into my spot. He was still in his truck when I said, if there are ANY dents or scratches on my car I'll fuckin key that pos truck...he looked over at me...and I was fuckin' bring it, fuckin' old guy can't drive worth shit. I couldn't get into the fuckin' car on the driver's side barely...I should have keyed his truck after he left...fuckin' pissed me off SO much!!!

ahaha i guess i'm a real asshole then, on occasion when someone insists on double parking or parking way at the end of the lot i'll park right next to em.

at my old school parking was a premium and some asscan would park over 2-4 spaces, so as many people as possable would box the car in and then goin for class. pure commedy.

:lol:......I wouldn't have been pissed....but I was perfectly centered in my spot...this tool just couldn't drive and decided to park over the line my spot....normally with my car I'd just open the door against thir's and let it scrape the shit outta their door, but I didn't have my pos :(.

:werd: :withstupid: I hate that too very much, I agree and wish everything you just said too, a beater to do that would be awesome

why does it matter if you hate it??? he said he parks as far away as possible from the doors, not like its taken up spots right infront..... :roll:

I do it at work everyday, theres a row thats separate fromthe rest of the lot, so taking up 2,3 spaces doesnt hurt anybody

why does it matter if you hate it??? he said he parks as far away as possible from the doors, not like its taken up spots right infront..... :roll:

I do it at work everyday, theres a row thats separate fromthe rest of the lot, so taking up 2,3 spaces doesnt hurt anybody

Some places like retail stores or university parking lots, it doesn't matter how far away you park, you hog up 2 spaces, you've made it that much harder for someone else to get a spot. Maybe it wouldn't bother me if it's a shop out in the country and the lot is half empty most of the time, but generally I think taking 2 spaces is inconsiderate and arrogant.

I remember getting really pissed when I went to a movie theater once in the evening when it was really busy. The lots were packed, and there was this asshole who parked his bright red 3000GT diagonally over 2 spaces as though he thought his ride was "all that". Didn't matter that he parked in the back of the lot, the lot was packed. I was so pissed, if there weren't witnesses, I would have keyed the shit outta that fucker. If I had a shitbox rusted out 80's Crown Vic or something, I would have loved to attempt to park in one of those spaces and push his car outta the way.

well, i do work retail, and the row that I park diagonally...NO customer EVER parks in that row, its always employees who park there....the only time that row gets used by the customers is the week after christmas

and i park normally when the lot's full...im not a jag off like that 3k gt owner was

Yeah, when assbags park that close to me I just open my car door into their fender/quarterpanel/door and I ake sure to leave a mark. If their assholes that park so colse to you that you can barely get in your car, they diserve it. And hell, I have a bunch of touchup paint for my car anyway 8)