IS Your W Car A Door Ding Magnet?

95oldsVan

My 91 Lumina 2 door is the biggest door ding magnet I ever owned.Even the panel before the door at the back wheel got dings.

My Brother had a Z34 that attracted parking lot dings like no tomorrow.

The body molding is too low to offer an protection against idiots in parking lots anyways.Im not upset about it at all but yet seems to have a car that attracts the people who bang your car doors in parking lots.

Theres at least 7 or more dings on each door...it suxs...just wondering how your car has held up over the years.

:(

I just noticed a nice crease in my door the other day. Must've been from the one time I parked normally. I usually park away from people and take up 2 spots.

That's what I get for taking the molding off :?

mine has lots of door dings in it...i think the door handles help stiffen up the door and since they are on the pillars on the 2-doors, they get dinged up easier...thats my theory @ least...maybe it needs some moldings up higher too though...but, yeah...my car had all the dings when i bought it, i'm hoping to get them all fixed someday!...

LOL..I guess its everywhere.I know the ones I have can be popped out by the Paintless Dent removal guy.I worked at a Stealership some time back and this guy came in with his tools and popped all the dings out of the used cars with no bodywork needed.He was great at his work too.It helped to sell the Used cars better and make more $$ for the stealer.

:D

i have 2 not very noticable ones and a weird crease in my pass rear fender... it looks more like an imperfection fron factory though cause there is nothign else around it.... i will try and get a pic of it to show up

i dont have really any...maybe 2-3 combined

I park far away everywhere,cept school

:werd:

I have one very noticable one betwen the driver's rear quarter panel :cuss: o

But I park carefully. My friends get pissed at me when I drive and have to park somewhere :lol: :lol:

Yea, if you lok carefully and at a certain angle i got like 4 door dings, the B4U doesnt help shit, lol, its those doors that curve around the wheel well, soo the tops hit ur door instead of the down low door ding stopper

No car is a door ding magnet, people are just lazy and park as close as possible to things. Park far away and you'll have little to no dings. My dads TGP has one ding in it, and its not a door ding, I was jacking up a car in the garage next to it and hit the car with the jack handle, thats the only ding in the whole car and its his beater. So as you can imagine, his GTP has absolutely no dings in it at all.

I always park as far away from things as possible, and since I've gotten my STE I haven't aquired any more dings in it, but it already had some when I got it so its not ding less.

Either way, just learn how to walk a little further and you'll have a lot less dings.

Shawn

I don't know why you guys have so many problems.. I hardly have any, and I park as close to the front of the lot as possible.

Idunno, something about our cars just doesn't merit taking up two spaces. :lol:

When I got my car it had a couple small dents in it you could only see at certain light angles....now it has a couple more larger dents in it.....I honestly don't give a shit anymore. I am one of those ppl who park in the very back row at Wal-Mart and walk a quarter mile to the store...but some fuck tard always parks RIGHT beside me....so fuck it all

No car is a door ding magnet, people are just lazy and park as close as possible to things. Park far away and you'll have little to no dings. My dads TGP has one ding in it, and its not a door ding, I was jacking up a car in the garage next to it and hit the car with the jack handle, thats the only ding in the whole car and its his beater. So as you can imagine, his GTP has absolutely no dings in it at all.

I always park as far away from things as possible, and since I've gotten my STE I haven't aquired any more dings in it, but it already had some when I got it so its not ding less.

Either way, just learn how to walk a little further and you'll have a lot less dings.

Shawn

Yes, this is how I am, well, that is when the car is running, it seems to be more of a magnet to extended periods of time sitting in the garage apart. Maybe that is why it had a mere 4,500 miles last year... :shock:

My cars have a few dings, most were from before I got them.

I rarely get any new dings, and that's because I have a few rules.

1. NEVER park next to another car, except in an edge spot, then park over the line and as far as possible from the other car.

2. ALWAYS look for an edge spot if possible, they reduce the risk of dings by 50%, even more if you park over the line and leave a big gap.

3. If there is a dire need to park next to another car, AVOID parking next to NEWER CARS! Some people make the mistake of thinking parking next to a newer car means less liklihood of a ding, but in fact, the opposite is true. People who trade in cars frequently think of them as disposable items and DO NOT understand that there are others out there who value their car as more than a disposable appliance. Your best bet, is to park next to restored classic/muscle cars, cars with aftermarket rims, or clean, well cared for older cars.

My cars have a few dings, most were from before I got them.

I rarely get any new dings, and that's because I have a few rules.

1. NEVER park next to another car, except in an edge spot, then park over the line and as far as possible from the other car.

2. ALWAYS look for an edge spot if possible, they reduce the risk of dings by 50%, even more if you park over the line and leave a big gap.

3. If there is a dire need to park next to another car, AVOID parking next to NEWER CARS! Some people make the mistake of thinking parking next to a newer car means less liklihood of a ding, but in fact, the opposite is true. People who trade in cars frequently think of them as disposable items and DO NOT understand that there are others out there who value their car as more than a disposable appliance. Your best bet, is to park next to restored classic/muscle cars, cars with aftermarket rims, or clean, well cared for older cars.

Ditto.

One thing I never do is take up more than one space though. Around here that pisses people off so they'll park as close to you as they can just because they know it will piss you off. So if you take up 2 spots, they will park right next to you as if you parked in one spot. (so they are taking up 2 spots as well) But I always try to park on an end spot, and preferably an end on the right, so the car that parks next to you will have their passenger side towards your car, which gives less of a chance of someone getting out of that side. If the drivers side is next to you, you know someone will be getting out there.

Shawn

so they'll park as close to you as they can just because they know it will piss you off

I do that too...ther'es no reason you should take up 2 spots....learn how to park properly or park it on the street...what's worse is people who park diagonally across 2 or 3 spots :evil: :twisted: :roll: :bash:

The MC has 2 dents, one in each fender...kinda from my knee when leaning over for hrs doing the intake gaskets :evil:

Regarding parking on end spots:

I call BS!

Reason?

One day I'm coming out of class and walk for eternity to my car on an end spot in the lot. Well I look at the front, and some dumbfuck rounded the corner too sharp and took a nice amount of paint off my front bumper :roll: And ironically, this was a day I parked dead centered in the lines - not over the line like I usually do. So now I just say screw it :cry:

I've been parking on end spots for over a decade, and I can't say I've ever had anyone round a corner and scrape my car, but even if they did, I'd rather have a scuffed bumper than a nasty ding. Even PDR often requires drilling holes on inside metal panels while fixing a scuffed bumper doesn't make swiss cheese out of your car.