wont start

birdman

well in the last two days my car has been starting funny, like when it starts it felt like it was chugging, id rev it up and it would clear up and drive fine. well yesterday i went to leave a friends house, car had sat mabey an hour scince running last and it wouldnt start and the exhaust smelled kinda like gas. i took the plugs out and they lookes kinda ashy, anyway i sprayed them with brake cleaner to dry them and used a little sand paper on them and cranked it over a few times to clear the cylinders out. put the plugs in and it fired right up. well it did the same thing today and i let it set for about 3-4 hours and it started up i had my foot on the gas so it would rev up and clear out so im not for sure if it chugged but i would guess it would have, i just wanted to get it home. what do you guys think it is?? my guess is the injectors and i just want your opnion before i send in my 95 set to get cleaned and rebuilt as to weather or not its the problem. thanks.

btw- the plugs are fairly new 5-6 months old.

I think you may be right. Trigger a check engine light?

I've always just cleaned injectors myslef, and inspected them for proper resistance. If it's that bad, maybe you should just do that and then runs fuel injector cleaner.

I think you're right. By depressing the gas pedal to the floor while cranking, you are cutting fuel and pushing full air into the engine. My guess is one or more of your injectors are leaking ro something

no ses light, i was going to do it myself but they do a major cleaning and replace a few parts for $15 and injector at witchhunter.com so for 90 bucks at a 1-2 day turnaround i just need them done before the meet. and ive done top engine cleaner and injector cleaner several times with little results. at witchhunter the clean a few times and flow test until all injectors are witin 1% of each other. anyone else think it could be somthing else? thanks.

Another tool to use is a digital volt meter.You can measure the resistance on each injector and see if they are within specs.Doesnt matter how many times you get them cleaned or etc,if the voltage is off,somethings wrong with them.

You need to check them hot and cold.

Unplug the injector clip and use the digital volt meter to check each injector hot and cold to see if they are within factory specs.Also use a fuel pressure gauge to see if theres a leak somewhere.Also a good scanner or volt meter check of the TPS is helpful.

:)

Another tool to use is a digital volt meter.You can measure the resistance on each injector and see if they are within specs.Doesnt matter how many times you get them cleaned or etc,if the voltage is off,somethings wrong with them.

You need to check them hot and cold.

Unplug the injector clip and use the digital volt meter to check each injector hot and cold to see if they are within factory specs.Also use a fuel pressure gauge to see if theres a leak somewhere.Also a good scanner or volt meter check of the TPS is helpful.

:)

agreed, how would you check em hot and cold? suggested method? and temperature?

they do all that also, its really the fact that they take them apart and replace a few things and make positive that they flow the same and have a good spray pattern. i think im going to do it as soon as i get them boxed.