'92 3.1 4spd Lumina no up-shift?

1QUICKHATCH

I just replaced the engine on my 92 lumina with a 3.1 in it now the trans will not up shift at all. the trans was never removed from the car and reverse works and so dose drive but only in 1st.

-fluid level is good

-kick down is hooked up

-no modulator valve on this trans

any one run in to this? any thoughts?

thanks

that could be ur problem, lol, might wanna get a Trans Vacuum Modulator, thre around 20$ from like shucks or where ever, there adjustable, and just need about 2 turns with a very small screw driver to adjust, soo is there just a gapping hole on the trans or did some1 block it off?

well I have not spent alot of time in the car untill today and noticed that its not a 4t60 its a 3t40 :oops: my boss lent me a dealer plate so I could take it down the road today and found out that it will shift at like 4000-4500rpm (60-70 km/h) :? so I am going to adjust the kick down cable and see if that lowers the rpm it shifts at!

thanks to every one that replyed.

well I have not spent alot of time in the car untill today and noticed that its not a 4t60 its a 3t40 :oops: my boss lent me a dealer plate so I could take it down the road today and found out that it will shift at like 4000-4500rpm (60-70 km/h) :? so I am going to adjust the kick down cable and see if that lowers the rpm it shifts at!

thanks to every one that replyed.

Mine does that sometimes, not all the time though.