What to do about horribal turns...

PCGUY112887

Now I know my 96 Grand Prix Sedan wasn't made for autocrossing or anything, but I find that when I take hard turns the body roll is just crazy. It's delayed as well, so i've had to get used to making a hard turn and adjusting for the "lag" there is in the body. I don't like to weave around cars goin fast becuase the body roll just makes it feel like my car is going to fly off the road.

Now I know I will need some new struts and mounts soon, however I was hoping I could wait till I did a full coilover conversion with KYB's from HT Motorsports.

I've already done the rear STB and plan to do the front. I was wondering how much the Addco revised rear sway bar would help? Where would I go to get the revised one? Are there instructions? Simple jackup car and bolt on? (sorry for all the Q's but i'm curious lol)

Thanks!

Forgot to mention that i've already got that covered, running the 2 door rims, 225mm. I love the look on the car since they stick out a bit without the huge fender flares from the 2 doors.

Forgot to mention that i've already got that covered, running the 2 door rims, 225mm. I love the look on the car since they stick out a bit without the huge fender flares from the 2 doors.

pfffftt 225s, i got 245s on this bad boy, but those turns, struts will help, stiffer sidewalls on tires, and STBs will help

OK, 34mm front bar. What all has it? Any 3.4 DOHC W-Body?

What about rear though? I'm not sure who to call or whatever to get the ADDCO rear bar (rear is where it feels like it's flyin the most).

I found one on this one website for our cars but I was informed that it wasn't the updated one and to call them for it, but i'm not sure what to say since I can't find the bar in their catalog.

do you even have a rear swaybar? if not that would be of a great advantage to you.

Ya know i'm not sure... does anyone know what all came on the 96 Grand Prix SE 4 door with the 3100?

I'll look when I get off school... if I don't have one can I just add the addco one? (like are the places to mount it there?).

if its a "base" SE it may not have one, i know alot of base w-bodys never got one, if you don't have one, it would be a great advantage to get one.

BTW: were there different rear swaybars avalaible or was it just gotten with FE3?

Well I got under there and checked, there is a sway bar back there. It's tiny, could use a bigger one 8)

I also was checking out my front sway bar, thing looks HUGE in comparason to the back one. I'm still tryin to find a good way to measure it to see if it's 30mm like I think it is. If it is then i'll go lookin for a 34mm one off another car.

Anyone know where I could get a 34mm one online?

Thanks.

i know i used to have a spare swaybar that was in my z34, it ought to be the 34mm one since i have the 3.4, i had it left over from when i put my new cradle in, i'll look around the shop tommrow and see if i have it still.

OK found some string and did the math, front bar is 30mm and rear is 12mm.

What about trailing arms? I see some people replacing them but i'm not sure what they are really helping... I mean do they flex or something?

Thanks.

Just want to chime in and mention what a world of difference the KYB GR2 struts (alone) made in the cornering ability of my Regal with the FE1 suspension (no rear swaybar.) Even with the stock 205/70/15's on there, it cornered like it was on rails. Now that I have 235/50/17's mounted, the handling is even better (and I haven't installed the rear swaybar I bought for it yet.)