Got a new Stereo for the GP.

Navybass

I was getting kind of bored with the Sony unit I had in there. Don't get me wrong, it's a great unit. It was the CDX-M8800, which was one of their top units. I just wanted something different.

I went down and picked up a Kenwood XXV-01D 25th Anniversary series unit. I'll have pics up soon, but you can go here http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=31&k3=106&pr=1860# and see the specs and pictures.

This unit is awesome. It's got so many sound shaping features, it will keep me busy for a while. I can also make small wallpapers and download them to the unit.

As for sound, it's fantastic. The tuner is sensative and able to pick up stations I was never able to before. As for the CD player, I hit some good bumps and a few speed bumps and it didn't skip at all.

• 4 months later...

I was getting kind of bored with the Sony unit I had in there. Don't get me wrong, it's a great unit. It was the CDX-M8800, which was one of their top units. I just wanted something different.

I went down and picked up a Kenwood XXV-01D 25th Anniversary series unit. I'll have pics up soon, but you can go here http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=31&k3=106&pr=1860# and see the specs and pictures.

This unit is awesome. It's got so many sound shaping features, it will keep me busy for a while. I can also make small wallpapers and download them to the unit.

As for sound, it's fantastic. The tuner is sensative and able to pick up stations I was never able to before. As for the CD player, I hit some good bumps and a few speed bumps and it didn't skip at all.

I went out and got this head unit too. There are limited units made, so hold on to it. Other than that, awesome head unit anyway, so hold on to it!

I love my Kenwood HU. Had it for at least 4 years and I'm still not sick of it. I bought a cheap Pioneer for my fiance, it's nice but my Kenwood is still way nicer (obviously, since it cost more). I'd buy another Kenwood again for sure.

Kenwood > Sony

I love my Kenwood HU. Had it for at least 4 years and I'm still not sick of it. I bought a cheap Pioneer for my fiance, it's nice but my Kenwood is still way nicer (obviously, since it cost more). I'd buy another Kenwood again for sure.

Kenwood > Sony

I went to a car audio place to get all my stuff installed. None of them like Kenwood. They are all telling me to get boston acoustics and jl audio. I don't have that kind of money. Kenwood speakers aren't that good from what I have heard. Would you know?

Kenwood > Sony

I went to a car audio place to get all my stuff installed. None of them like Kenwood. They are all telling me to get boston acoustics and jl audio. I don't have that kind of money. Kenwood speakers aren't that good from what I have heard. Would you know?

He uses infinity speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Kenwood > Sony

IMO, Kenwood speakers are better then Sony speakers (though neither are the greatest).....again IMO, from what I've seen and heard from Sony's car audio, I'd never buy a thing from them.....I was listening to some of their Xplod speakers...that's one thing they are good for is Xploding...the guy at the store didn't care though lol...

Kenwood > Sony

IMO, Kenwood speakers are better then Sony speakers (though neither are the greatest).....again IMO, from what I've seen and heard from Sony's car audio, I'd never buy a thing from them.....I was listening to some of their Xplod speakers...that's one thing they are good for is Xploding...the guy at the store didn't care though lol...

:lol: :lol: ROFLCOPTER

Old thread... Anyone else notice that? :willynilly:

I'm an Apine guy.. Though I don't own one currently, I really enjoy their stuff.. Kenwood is alright, (Definately better than any SOny product for the car) and their Amps are good for the price..

I really despise Sony, and Dual.. Infinity, I am relativley new to, and can't make a judgement.. I know i want Alpine for the Lumina, so I may go out and get a basic Infinity setup for the Cutty to hear how it sounds..