oh no he has braking questions

ns87

From my best guesstimate from autozone.com, if I were to get all the necessary hardware for 94+ rear conversion new (except for parking brake crap), max would be $303.32 and min would be $222.92

How much for a good used front strut from the Lumina? For all front hardware new max is $191.92 and min is $164.92. Is this conversion really worth all this money? I'm kinda leary of using j/y brake components

Honestly, I'd pick up all the stuff for the rear with the exception of rotors and pads at a junkyard. the 94+ rear disks almost never go bad...as long as the caliper will slide on the pins, they are usually ok.

I put a caliper & Bracket on my sister's 94 CS from the junkyard because her caliper siezed to the pin...worked just fine, just like brand new!

If you look around a little and get a car that hasn't sat with it's rotor in the mud, you might find one with a fresh brake job. Thats where I got all my donor parts. And cheap. I paid about $25 per set. Not to mention i made money on the conversion by returning the calipers I had purchased from autozone(which had siezed pistons) for a credit $200 WOW!

great. ill be scowering junkyards next week for necessary parts, do the conversion over spring break, and have a wonderful stopping olds, that wil be lowered in summer WAHOO thanks a lot guys

Guest TurboSedan

i agree. i used j/y calipers and they were in pretty nice shape. i've been using them for a few years now with no problems. i bought cheapo rotors and Raybestos PG plus pads. my '94+ rear brake conversion cost me less than $100.

i got a pair of front strut/knuckles from a j/y '96 Cutlass Supreme for the '95+ front brake upgrade, and they cost me $100.