Anyone with a TGP parts car? I have a small list.

90TGP

If anyone has a TGP they are parting out with a tan interior, here is a small parts list I have.

I'm looking for the dash pad, drivers a-pillar, and the plastic speaker grill that covers the speaker in the door.

Thanks.

Uhhhh, ebay ring a bell??? :)

Jeff M

Nice advice :) But there aren't a lot of parts on Ebay as of lately. :( I've got a parts list that is a lot longer than his, but I'm being forced to fix what I have, due to scarceness of parts. :( Especially the interior parts :(

TO: 90TGP or The Burning Rom. It sure looks like to me that on eBay Blumy7 and ste89AWD both have Red TGPs with Tan interior that they are parting out/to sell!!! Sorry not being nasty on you, email those guys and ask for more or what else they have or are going to be listing, I know ste89AWD for sure he is safe, legit and a good guy (honest as hell with the pics showing ANY little blemish on his parts, need more of that!!) do not know blumy7 but feedback is good from start in 11/02.

Jeff M

TO: 90TGP or The Burning Rom. It sure looks like to me that on eBay Blumy7 and ste89AWD both have Red TGPs with Tan interior that they are parting out/to sell!!! Sorry not being nasty on you, email those guys and ask for more or what else they have or are going to be listing, I know ste89AWD for sure he is safe, legit and a good guy (honest as hell with the pics showing ANY little blemish on his parts, need more of that!!) do not know blumy7 but feedback is good from start in 11/02.

Jeff M

It's ok Jeff. Thanks for the info! I know ste89AWD is parting his out. He's got the parts posted over at turbogpgarage, but I can't seem to find any parts on ebay from either of them. I tried searching for Grand Prix TGP, 1990 Grand Prix, Grand Prix Mclaren..and I get nothing for the TGPs :( :(

try turbo grand prix, that is how it is written on your doors and trunk :yikes: Sorry, being feisty tonight, but good luck for sure.

FYI, my eBay name is turbochip1 and I am not fun to bid against :twisted: not that you cannot bid against me (gotta watch who is on here, might set off another miss-interpretation or miss-construing of my intent :? ), just being fair in warning you 8) . I already put my name on the ones I am looking at.

Jeff M

I look on ebay every chance I get, but interior parts are hard to find.

I don't see why SE parts wouldn't fit, they are the same model. The only thing that would be different would be the dash pad since it wouldn't have the HUD.

These tan parts are hard to find in good condition. Almost all the cars I've found have similar damage on those brittle plastic trim pieces as mine does.

I have no trouble finding parts for the gray interior, but the tan is a whole 'nother story.

FYI, my eBay name is turbochip1 and I am not fun to bid against :twisted: not that you cannot bid against me (gotta watch who is on here, might set off another miss-interpretation or miss-construing of my intent :? ), just being fair in warning you 8) . I already put my name on the ones I am looking at.

Jeff M

:roll:

It's ok Jeff. Thanks for the info! I know ste89AWD is parting his out. He's got the parts posted over at turbogpgarage, :(

Woah! Back the UPS truck up a sec (oh nevermind). Those are my parts, my site. He just linked to my site at one point for some pics.

Just out of curiosity what made you think they were his.

Umm, ok, someone might think I'm mad, but I'm not at all! :) Just curious, IE maybe there is something about my site that isn't clear. Of course I think I did it clearly, but hey my glasses can be pretty rosy sometimes! 8) Or black.

Chris

I just noticed a lot of his/ste89awd parts on eBay now and off and on, and last week too some buddies of mine asking me about parts and him, of which I mentioned all were legit :D Not sure about the origin of all this stuff, just that there were some I thought people were missing finding out about. I forgot you had that for-sale page, last I looked it was not as full as now 8) .

Jeff M

Not that it holds a candle to you, but there is more to come as I spent almost 6 hours sorting out my parts, taking pictures and logging what I have. I still have more to go but its mostly big stuff.

BTW anyone know of any good freight shippers? I mean cheap? I don't understand why a 30 lb part with ups cost $20 to ship, but since its just bulky its $200 to ship freight?

Chris

Someday I will list my parts, but they are all new so for now body part out of a salvage yard or someone parting out will not compare, but for those wanting to restore their prize or an insurance company wallet, will be glad there are still some new parts left after they are all discontinued.

As for the shipping, I have worked with a company that did a lot of shipping. If you call a shipper, specially using your business name, the right shipper will let you know that retail is for you to charge (like any company shipping goods, or they don’t stay in business long). The discount is yours and runs from 40% lame to 60% good to 75% awesome/but with a lot of business from you for that shipper! So keep trying/calling shippers till one talks these 40-60% numbers!! I sent my entire Typhoon drivetrain (less transfer case) with engine, tranny, air to water intercooler, pump and tons of stuff to a guy in MA, for like $350 if I recall correctly, that was 2 large skids that were very heavy, but I think too there was an extra $100 for a pick up not at a loading dock (simple Tommy-Lift but an extra $100, wow!). FedEx has ground service but again like UPS, you need an account to get a better price, and I use the one from my last employer (though I still do many things for the owner and his toys ;-), and pass that discount onto those I ship items to.

Jeff M

Woah! Back the UPS truck up a sec (oh nevermind). Those are my parts, my site. He just linked to my site at one point for some pics.

Just out of curiosity what made you think they were his.

Umm, ok, someone might think I'm mad, but I'm not at all! :) Just curious, IE maybe there is something about my site that isn't clear. Of course I think I did it clearly, but hey my glasses can be pretty rosy sometimes! 8) Or black.

Chris

Chris..I just meant that he had a thread on your forums where he was selling the rest of his parts ;) ;) Sorry for the confusion. :(

I see.

The one list is Waskies, and the other (this one) Shawn Lin. I think my page opens in the window, not a new browser, so that is probably why you though they were mine.

Chris