Stuck Caliper?

GP1138

Right, so I used my E-Brake a lot last week while my mom was out of town and I was parking in a driveway instead of on the street. I didn't like the load on the tranny, so I just used the EBrake.

So now I have a caliper that is sticking, driver side rear. It's getting really hot and the rotor is showing obvious wear. I decided to be a dumbass and stick my finger in there :bash: and burn the fuck out of my fingertip when I should have just spat on it like I did after I burned myself.

So what do I need to do? Can I wait till it cools and just run the piston in and out of it's bore? Do I need to just take the wheel off and loosen the E-Brake cable or something? Anyone have any wisdom?

The biggest thing I'm trying to avoid is bleeding the brakes. I absolutely hate doing it.

I decided to be a dumbass and stick my finger in there :bash: and burn the fuck out of my fingertip

Your dumb.... :lol: Kinda like after a day of driving i bent over to wipe off my new exhaust tips, and felt like a knife through butter.....

Happened on my old TGP one day. I used a big-ass screwdriver as a lever and moved the mechanical arm that the cable is attached to, to let the rotor go. Take a little bit of yoga to do it, but works.

Of course, in my case, the cables were loose once I released the brake, and it was just a corroded e-brake arm causing the problem.