Which dogbones???

bartonmd

OK, so I just did the lower intake, oil pump drive O-ring, etc. and fuel pump on my Lumina... (also wasted 3 hours troubleshooting what ended up being a brain fade about which side was 1-3-5 and which was 2-4-6... DOH!)

I had been having trouble with my tranny not going into part really well unless I messed around in the gears between N, D, and R to get the engine not really leaned one way or the other because the dogbone rubbers are screwed up... No problem, I went to the parts store and got new ones... turns out, theyre WAY worse than the SHOT factory ones I had on there! "Made in China" on them, made of cast aluminum and when I put it in gear, the rubber just squishes outside of the ends... PITIFUL!

So, which digbones have you guys had good luck with???

Thanks,

Mike

OK, switch that... Which dogbones do you guys like for about the price of the factory replacements??

THis is for a bone stock car that's just a driver/beater, so they don't have to be super sweet or strong or anything...

Thanks,

Mike

just do the poly inserts in your old mounts and take the new ones back

Oh, I'm DEFINATELY taking the new inserts back, but I don't see poly mounts on that website... Where to get them??

Mike

just do the poly inserts in your old mounts and take the new ones back

Oh, I'm DEFINATELY taking the new mounts back, but I don't see poly inserts on that website... Where to get them??

Mike

How much lighter are the aluminum ones over the steel ones?

The FFP dogbones are about half the weight.

Which I have already. But what I'm wondering is how much do the aftermarket aluminum dogbones weigh over the OEM steel dogbones.

Stock in appearance is always better in my opinion :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

On my lumina 3.1 I bought dogbones from advanced auto parts, that was four years ago, they have worn 90,000 miles and are still perfect.

However... I have since discovered that many 3100 motors have a newer type mount. It is black and only has one thru nut n' bolt for the engine and fits the same exact spot on all the 3.1 and early 3100s. It bolts to the radiator support at only 3 points instead of 4, but the top 2 holes are the same, and the third already exist and you only need to force the bolt to thread the existing hole. The changeover seems to be mid 1995. Go rock a few cars at the J/Y and adopt the best two you find. All the older style mounts tend to be shot anyway.

- ken