0-60 or 0-100 time?

nebojsa_o

So I've been reading around here, and other websites, and if I understand this right, my 3100 should do 0-60 in 9 or so seconds.

Does 11.28 count as 9 or so, or is something wrong with my car. I got low KM, tranny shifts good, except for every now and then 1st to 2nd shift is rough, but usually I just let off the gas, and the shift is fine, but at WOT the 1st to 2nd shift is flawless. I did several runs timing myself with a stopwatch, and my best was 11.25. The worst was 11.78. The only thing different with my car is the dual exhaust, and I know I lost some backpressure there, but I don't think I lost 2 seconds worth of it.

Also, I raced a 1995 Lumina with the 3100 about a week or 2 ago, from a traffic light, and we were dead even until 160km/h and then we both slammed the brakes because we thought a taxi was a cop, lol. Any ideas, or do you guys have any 0-60 times with stock cars? Also my car weight 3300 lbs without me in it, and half full of gas. I'm 148lbs. And I'm getting those times with a full tank of gas, I'll try again when it gets closer to empty.

judging by the 1/4 mile ET's and MPH i've run with my car, i'd say 0-60 takes about 8.5-9 seconds...These things don't have crap for accelleration once it hits 3rd...but my car still ran a 16.5xx at 84 mph

I have always felt just by the ass dyno that the '94 and '95 cars without the MAF are faster than the '96-'99

I had a timeslip from the track of my 1988 GP (2.8) pulling the 1/8th mile in 11.5 seconds @ 60mph. The car did the 1/4 in about 18.1 average.

3100s don't have much balls, but probably 8.5-10 seconds depending on conditions. Using your stopwatch isn't gonna be very accurate (maybe if you had someone else operate it while you concentrate on the driving).

I've never been in anything 3100 besides my own, so I can't compare it to others. There isn't a whole lot to concertrate on while driving, I went on a road with nothing there, and drove it slowly to look for pot holes, didn't find any. And basically I just punch it now that I got the 16" tires on there, since they don't spin off the line as much at the 15" used to. I tried just floring it, I tried brake torquing it. Can't get into the 10 second range. I'll give it a try again for sure, I'm just wondering though. I wanna buy a K&N drop in filter, so I could compare the times with it, but I'm not sure if I wanna buy it, since I'm thinking about true CAI in the spring... Anyone else with ideas? I'm guessing it's not possible to remove the MAF, like on the '94 or '95 because of OBDII, am I right?

You should be able to at least run 9's-10's 0-60 on a good flat road. Stopwatch isn't going to be very accurate. A 1/8th mile run at the track with your car would give you a very good idea of how it will do 0-60 if you look at the 1/8th mile ET and mph and estimate from there.

The MAF and airfilter really shouldn't make that much of a difference...

I couldn't tell any difference between a FRAM filter and my K&N drop-in (although it's nice cause it's reusable).

Only thing my K&N did was improve my fuel economy lol

Does SIR have anymore test and tune type nights??? Maybe you could go down there if they are open and take it down the track??

That's what I would like to do, but I was always busy in the summer. Lots of working, so I didn't even go to watch anything. And I think the track is closed for the year now. I'll change the fuel filter, spark plugs (check them first), and stuff like that sometime soon. And I gotta change the tranny fluid, but I'm not sure if that's making that big of a difference. We'll see though. Any 3.1 owners, tell me your numbers, just so I know what to compare it to.

I have a video of my 0-60..about 8.5-9.0. I don't know the exact time. 95 Lumina, 9C1...3100 V6 I raced a few cars recently...and about 9 is right. but remember weather also affects the car as well.

Well that sounds shitty to me. I guess something is wrong with the car, although I couldn't tell anything was until I tried timing myself. Any ideas what could be wrong?

ya, i just put new plugs in my car and drove it around in 40* weather and it was the first time I could spin my tires since I got the grippier 235's on there...

my old plugs sucked of course.....

Well I thought about what I'm talking about, I'm talking about 0-60 mph time, but when I'm driving I'm looking at 0-100kmh. So today I tried it again, and when it hits 60mph I stopped it as accurate as I can, and got 10.68. So that's a improvement right there, and I also noticed that the road goes slightly uphill, lol. I guess I picked one hell of a spot to test my car at, eh? I'm going tomorrow again, except on a better road, and hopefully I'll get into the 9's. LoL, how pathetic, some cars do a 1/4 mile in 9 seconds or less, and I can't even do 0-60 in 9 haha.

I was watching NHRA drags on tv running 4 second quarter miles. hehe

EDIT: now that i think about it.. those didnt look like quarter miles.. still.. fast as fuck compared to your average cutty

Well I found a flat piece of road today, and did 5 runs. They were all between 10.50 - 10.58. Just in case anyone actually wanted to know. I'll get new plugs soon, hopefully anyways, and then if there is a significant difference I'll post it here.

Well I thought about what I'm talking about, I'm talking about 0-60 mph time, but when I'm driving I'm looking at 0-100kmh. So today I tried it again, and when it hits 60mph I stopped it as accurate as I can, and got 10.68. So that's a improvement right there, and I also noticed that the road goes slightly uphill, lol. I guess I picked one hell of a spot to test my car at, eh? I'm going tomorrow again, except on a better road, and hopefully I'll get into the 9's. LoL, how pathetic, some cars do a 1/4 mile in 9 seconds or less, and I can't even do 0-60 in 9 haha.

Dont feel bad, I used to have a dodge spirit k-car w/ a 2.5L SOHC 4 banger in it. It took 16 seconds to go from 0-60.

Any 3.1 owners, tell me your numbers, just so I know what to compare it to.

'

The 3.1 MPFI in my car is ungodly slow!!! Like I'd be lucky to make 0-100km/h in 10 seconds lol.

My car runs like shit in summer. I notice in fall temps like today for instance, my car runs the best (I dunno, colder air)....however if colder weather, it starts t run bad again lol......

Tonight I was coming home from the bank (fucking raining)..so I was turning left onto circle drive east (freeway) from preston avenue south....and I opened it up a bit, and it actually pulled pretty strong....hasn't done that for awhile lol

my monte pulls so hard off the line you would think it would run a 7 or 8 ish to 60 but 2nd is so shitty it takes at least 8.5-9 sec. to 60mph... i should really time it and find out for sure

Yea when I was timing mine, I never realised how quickly those seconds move, nice strong take off, and then the needle is going higher and higher, but the time is moving faster and faster, and I didn't even get into the 9 second range yet. Hopefully new spark plugs can help that a little bit, and I really need to change the tranny fluid. How long does it take approx. to drop the pan, and do the whole works?

if you know what your doing it shouldnt take you any longer tha n like 20-25 minutes, maybe even quicker... i used to drop the pan on my buick and change everything in 15 minutes. good old chevy turbo350 though

WHOA!!!!!! When did I become a senior member? LoL, I just noticed that, cool!

20-25 if you know what you're doing. So for me 2-3 hours, lol. Probably not that bad, but I've never done it. However my brother likes killing the tranny in his Z24, so we changed the entire tranny 2 times already, but we never dropped the pan, lol. Hopefully I can get it done within the next week or so. The color just isn't that nice red anymore, doesn't smell burnt from what I can tell/smell, but the color is more orangeish than red. Thanks nametnom, good info.

no problem

biggest thing is the mess... you can avoid it but it is enevitable your gonna spill some... also take a fools advice do not try and reuse the filter or pan gasket, big no no IMO