TGP Rims on GTP

vInNiE_mAdRoX

Ok, i just got a 97 GTP. Verry nice car but i'm REALLY hating the ugly crosslace rims.

On the other hand, i have a 90 TGP with gold crosslaces and a polished lip with 245s on them. Will these rims fit on my GTP?? I tried searching, but coudn't find anything.

Any help would be great, and picks of anyone that has done this allready would be AWSOME.

Because the bolt pattern is the same, they will fit, but since the offset is different, the tire will either stick out too far, or itll be set inwards too far, thus, it will not fit correctly. Im not sure what the offset is on those wheels so I couldnt tell you.

ok, thanks for the info. i might as hell just try it. if it l;ooks stupid, i'll just take 'em off and buy new rims........

i was thinkin' black powdercoated with a pollished red lip {since the car is red}. not sure if it'll look taky tho. anyone have pics of that by any chance??

i think when(at least when putting Gen 2 wheels on a Gen 1) you need spacers cause the brake calipers get in the way....

im not sure if thats the case for Gen 1 wheels on a Gen 2

I saw a red GTP with red crosslaces and polished up lip. That actually looked very nice. The body red and the crosslace red was a perfect match, I thought it looked pretty cool. One thing I wouldn't do is paint the lip. Leave the lip polished up the way it is, and if anything just paint the middle black, or red. Both would look good.

they will work. they will stick out .5"(wheel width) + appx. 13mm (offset diff.) farther than your stock wheels. do a search on clubgp. there are pics of people that have done the same thing

in colorado, nothing's illegal 'cept for blue lights and red side markers. oh, yeah, and dark tink on side windows. not even a restriction on how high your trail rig can sit. tons of jeeps and mexi-rides w/ 13" daytons sticking out 6" past the fenders here. i'm glad i dont live in PA anymore for the sake of my car. the camaro's not too fond of the emissions laws, though. check your local laws; they may be legal.

edit: nevermind, you live in NJ, you're fucked :lol:

Inspection isn't something i'm worried abot....since i have a good sticker 'till 4/07 and i can make them anyway {i work at a used car dealership and i have manny a razor blades}

thanks, i'd really apprishiate it. doing this is probably going to have to wait untill next week :devil: 'cause i only have my car sat nite, sunday, monday, and tuesday morning........when i do the swap, i'll pollish 'em up and post some pics. i REALLY apprichiate everyone's help. you all rock :peace: :rocking:

they will fit and i think they look bad ass but not left as gold :D, there are quite a few guys running around with them on their cars on clubgp. And if your worried about leagalities just swap the wheels back when its time for inspection..