Just put on a new cat...........WOW

Guest fatguy

Hi all,

After fixing all the problems my TSTE has had in the last year, the engine ran good, but still seemed flat and the turbo didn't boost. I took it to an exhaust shop to check the cat and the @#$*&^% thing was round and sounded like a box full of broken glass. They had a dynomax hi-flow someone ordered and backed out of so the sold it to me reasonably and installed it.

MY HOT ROD IS ALIVE!!!!!! This thing has never run like this. I had to take it out and test it (g-tech) and it said 14.7 at about 4200 ft. elevation. Ever since I moved back here in 2000 my car has seemed "off" but everyone attributed it to the elevation. I can't wait till this summer to try it out on the strip and at lower elevations :D

Now to fix the cosmetic crap that has been bothering me for the last year. Anyone have a headlight switch for a STE laying around?

Happy turboing

Corey, thanks again for getting us an update on anther one of your findings!!! Its great to get it out here for other TGP owners to know about, and in great detail!! Only challenge later is after we get a few posts this one moves down and those coming here with problems don’t take time to look much for the answer already posted, or do a search, I know there have been a few complaints about this, I understand as there are a lot of posts to sort through to find what you need, making better Message Topics would help, but no control over that. I know you have a great web site so this would be good helper info to add there, but might I ask for permission to use this info when I build the Fix-It Page on my web site?? I have amassed a lot of info regarding troubleshooting, fixes, better parts etc from the 2,000 owners I have talked with, along with info from the message boards since Dave Zug’s first back in 1996, along with the work I have done here to the many TGPs that have come to visit, and would like to add your last 2 fix-it posts if I may?

Anyways, keep up the good work, enjoy your ride and stay in touch.

Jeff M