"Shaved door handles" mod useful for W-body coupes

88Intl

"Shaved door handles" is a popular modification on customized cars & trucks. The outside door handles are removed, the holes covered over, strong solenoids installed on the door latches, and a remote is used to open the doors from the outside. Spring-loaded poppers pop open the door when the latch is actuated. An emergency release on the outside is recommended.

W-body coupes already have the shaved look. The stock handle can be left in place. A few door handle replacements = cost of shaved door handle kit.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/shaved-door-handles.asp

http://www.haneline.com/el-lifelocks.html

If you learn to open the door without yanking on the handle, it will last forever.

In nearly 9yrs of owning my Cutlass, it still has the door handles that were on it when I got it!

I think he's implying to keep the door handle there, but use the poppers most of the time and only use the actual door handle in an emergency.

The stock handle can be left in place.

Too much cost and trouble for me, since I've never broken one by opening the door. Mine aren't even bent outwards on the top (a sure sign of too much pulling).

I DID break a door handle on my TGP though, but that's because it was bent from the previous owner being too rough with them. Being anal, I tried to straighten it out by bending it back. SNAPPO! I've since learned a small torch MUST be used to bend back a slightly deformed handle.

hey its a cool trick to have and what the ugly ass lowriders do, is they put a battery post covered and under the car so all you have to do is jump the battery and the door will open.