New upgrade

19Cutlass94

Just ordered the front and rear STB bars from RSM Racing. Should have them within the next few days. Ill post some pics once I get them, Anything I should know about while bolting these on? Well more so along the lines of once I get the bolts off, front or rear, I take it I do not want to move the car, well besides me moving around trying to put them on, especially on the rear.

jeezzz. Well even if I have to file a little bit in front, that wont be too bad. But as long as the rear fits because thats gonna be worse to put on.

Has anyone else every had any experiences with RSM? I thought they suppose to be pretty good.

Invasion1, How long ago was this?

Well Ill be happy if they come and there the right ones! I guess thats all I can ask. But when I was talking to them on the phone, they seemed really nice and willing to help me if I had even the smalled problem tehy said to call them. So I duno, I guess well see what happens.

But at least the engine bay will look a little better and the car will handle better!

ya mine took a month (it was before i had the car running so i wasn't in a rush)

but still........hell i even went to Toronto to pick them up when they were ready.

then i had a problem with the Alternator and clearance of the bar itself, i went back and told them to fix it right and with some arguing they did.

the rear fit fine but the front didn't

also the holes for the strut plate are not accurate and it took a file on my part to make them fit.

and the plates are spraybombed not powercoated.

i won't deal with them ever again........dispite what i have said in the past

OHH TOLD YOU SO!

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29153&highlight=rsm

Read that thread, we went at it in there.

And have you ever seen RSM's port work?

DCP_3227.JPG

DCP_3222.JPG

Mind you that's how they came to the buyer, with metal shaving still inside the runners.:shock: :shock: :shock:

More in this thread.

http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7065

Well again i HAVE delt with them.........unlike you

and im going back on what i said in that post because i had a basterd of a time geting my front plates fixed even when they were so accomodating via email about the problem.

from my EXPERIANCE!!!! if you have troubles with RSM just pay them a visit :mrgreen:

amazing what a 6'3 245 Lb CDN can convince a bunch of Little Eastern European Immigrants to do.....!!!!

There Still The best STB's offered and nicest looking so i have no complaints with them at all, after they were fixed.

I sure as shit could have fixed them myself but why should I??? i payed for them to fit.

there is nothing you say that is of any value to me on this forum.....you simply pass along stuff other people have experienced and posted about and skillfully make like its your own.

for those of us that do our own work and drive cars we built we hardly value posers like you.

First thing since they are eastern european that says alot.

And who the fuck are you to speak for everyone that I just "pass" on information as if it was my own? Where do you get your balls?

First thing I was never implying that you don't do your own work. I'm saying that RSM sucks bottom line. I have given you nothing but respect on this board especially for the mods you have done to your car. So I really don't know where you come off with this dick attitude?

And yes I might have bought a car that was built by someone else, so what that makes me less of a person, or makes me less informative? You ask any member on this board and I have done nothing but try to help people. Fuck, Chris even called me tonight to ask about his brake light.

Also, I would have done the mods to my orginal Z34, but it was too far gone, and I'm still in school make very little money, and my parents really aren't very supportive in my hobby.

Like I stated before, this has nothing to do with your car, and I cannot mention how many times you and I have helped each other out. So why don't you step of your so-goddamn high horse?

Im done with you you Tony

i could careless what you say

you post about what you want or what you have read about

i will post about what i have DONE and Experianced

plan and simple buddy

Same here buddy. :wink:

19Cutlass94, remember if the bars don't fit just take a "drive" up to RSM and speak to them directly!

I took the pleasure of mapquesting it for you!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1a=&1c=Schenectady&1s=Ny&1z=&2a=2411-A+Anson+Drive&2c=Mississauga&2s=on&2z=

Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 59 minutes Total Est. Distance: 362.95 miles

Gas isn't to expensive now is it?

Well I wanted to get those because I liked em the best. I sure hope they fit, but if I have to do a little fab, then I guess I will but not before calling them first. But if theres any problem they will hear about it. I think they guy said they wee gonna ship em out that day that I called, so who knows if they got shipped or not.

Still reading those other treads..........

the rsm strut tower bars are the only thing i would put on my car from RSM. lol. seriously. swear!

expect 2 months for delivery. no joke. it took me 6 months to get my manifolds. and there WERE JUNK!!!

wow, thats really shitty. You think they would be better than that. The only time I had to wait for a long period of time for a delievery was when my rims were on backorder, and that only took a month from Cali to NY. But damnnnn

Well RSM sent me the e-mail with the tracking device thingy. I ordered more than just the STB bars so they said they would wait to ship everything all at once, so Im guessing they sent it out today because i got the e-mail, although it says I have to wait like 24-48hrs before the number becomes active

Well the tracking number says my RSM bars left from Buffalo NY at 9:13 pm today. So I should be getting them either tomorrow or monday. I dont know UPS delievers on sunday do they?

deffinatly post pics when you get them!...

as for that alternator problem davis mentioned above...you MIGHT not have this problem since you have a 3100 vs his 3.1 ...just a quick thought that came to my mind...

Well I got the RSM bars not even 30 minutes ago. Boy to they look great!! I havent checked for fit yet because Ive been feeling pretty shitty lately, but they look like they should fit with no problem. Ill try to have pictures on and off the car soon *hopefully* (considering I get the pictures sent to me in a timely fashion :lol: ) But overall they look awesome! I can wait to get em on. Question about that real quick, For the fronts, the plate goes almost all the way around, so all three bolts would have to come off to attach the plate. It is safe to remove all three bolts all at once? Do I need to do anything when doing this? Or just take off the three bolts and be sure not to move the car?

Well I got the bars on today. The rear was a breeze. Went on with no problems at all. The front was another story. After I figured out the spacing of where everything needed to be, I got it on. The holes actually lines up rather well. You just have to have the end links fairly loose, or else youll fight it forever. But after I tightened it down, I noticed it was barely hitting the alt. I only needed about 1/8" to 1/4" of space. I put some washers under the plate, which helped alot. Its not hitting the alt. anymore but is very close, prolle too close for comfort. Im thinking maybe I can sand down the top of the alt. just a little bit? Ill try to have pictuers up by tomorrow.

Well even the washers are not enough to clear the alt. I already shaved a little off the alt. which helped alot. With the car running, I put the e-brake on and put it into reverse, drive, neutral, and the bar cleared the alt. on all of them. But at a max, I only have 1/4" of clearance. And I think it was in reverse, I only had like maybe, MAYBE a 1/8" at most. But if I can shave just a little more, Ill have atleast 1/4" at all times between the bar and the alt.

But you gotta remember, I have the FFP mounts so my engine hardly moves, if at all.