lifting a 1st gen W

95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

get an amc eagle. those look decent lifted....not with 2x's though. j/k man. its really not wise to do that to your car. please experiment with something other than a cutlass convert. do it to an iron duke. of course, it wont be able to turn those big, heavy shoes. :lol: do whatever you like. i dont think you'll get any good information here for lifting the front except maybe if ffp makes the front coilovers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

• J

• GnatGoSplat

• GutlessSupreme

Top Posters In This Topic

You used to have 20" wheels and tires, they were too small? :shock: So you WASTED even more money on larger goofier looking 21" and now you want BIGGER? Hell, I think the factory 18" on the GXP looks too big. :roll:

I would spend all that cash on doing some sort of actual upgrade to the car rather than something as simple as wheels.

Maybe you should give Stacy from TRUCKS! a call, I'm sure he'd be able to help you. :lol:

I would advise against going with bigger rims because they will RUIN what little braking performance these cars have.

That too^! Our shitty brakes struggle to stop these cars as it is...

Disgusting, lift a CAR? thats retarded as fuck, and 20s were too small, jeesus u have horrid taste, and u drive a cutlass, come on, stupid wheels arnt gonna make everyone respect the fact u have ugly disgusting wheels on ur no value slow cutlass supreme GM Family Car, oh and now its gonna brake like shit, it will handle super bad and ride like shit, wow, how "cool"

i'm suprised a pothole hasn't made those huge rims into a taco yet.

yeah one of my old 20's got destroyed by a pothole with 35 series tires. now with 30 series i avoid highways period even though i drove to school on them a few weeks ago (i live out side of cleveland but i go to college in michigan about 290 miles) no problem. you guys' opinions have persuaded me to just buy an old G-body cutlass like my dads and lift it or maybe a late 70's K5 blazer, those already sit high enough for 2x's. 21's are big enough on my convertible for now. ill be sure to get those pics of Oak's international up on here and my convertible on the 21's

well soon the winter months will be here ant the cutlass goes to storage in my garage and out comes the winter beater (96 Dodge Stratus) or maybe ill just put my factory oldsmobile five stars back on so i can do some real drivin. i jus dont want to mess up my fresh paint job with rock salt. if i see jus one little rust spot next sping illl be furious :evil:

Disgusting, lift a CAR? thats retarded as fuck, and 20s were too small, jeesus u have horrid taste, and u drive a cutlass, come on, stupid wheels arnt gonna make everyone respect the fact u have ugly disgusting wheels on ur no value slow cutlass supreme GM Family Car, oh and now its gonna brake like shit, it will handle super bad and ride like shit, wow, how "cool"

you guys need to understand what you like is not everyones opinion. He didn't come here to get ragged on, sure you may not like it, BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK, he does. All he did was ask a question asking how to do something, if he wanted your opinion he would have asked for it, jesus christ

Hey if it fucks shit up on HIS car don't worry about it IT'S HIS

A thought occurs. If you want to lift it up a little bit cheaply (but not 3" might be half that) go to the junkyard, look for base model Grand Prix's or Cutlass's with the base FE1 suspension and higher (stiffer) spring codes. This site has listings. Grab the front strut assemblies and rear spring and transfer them onto your car. Then after that, put on some Gabriel struts in the rear which will jack the car up a little further.

good choice on not going any larger....I would never go over 19" on a Cutlass. I sooooo hate the giganic wheel wave going on with our cars, but I will respect your question and won't rag on you about it! goodluck

youre not going with the eagle idea? j/k. sorry about all the bashing. you should expect it on public boards though. i wanna see pics of your car with 20's. hopefully you'll get pics up soon. u figure out how to post them yet?

As much as I may get ridiculed for saying this..here goes, So I recall my bs for the 20's however I think they look good and if I had the money I would put huge f...ing wheels on my 94 lummie z34(possibly for sale) I think you should go as big as you can WITHOUT the lift but I also think that you should do what you want but if your paying that much for wheels why not pay for the lift ????

Anyway good luck and post up some pics...

23's? :bawl:

Yo playa, my homies run 24's wit the white walz and the lowad aproach, ya halla?

:lol: :joke: Try not to go bigger than 18's on a w body, its just not right..... And I really dont think my 14 are too small, 17-18 are the biggest i'd go on any CAR. And spinners on a 79 cutty? :willynilly: I want to see the 21's.

PS: How many engine mods you have to back up the bling? Wait, what engine do you have? :roll:

I'm trying not to be a dick but I dont think that will look good unless its done right.