'93 3-spd Torque Converter Solenoid replacement questions

ragejg

I'm getting an average of 20.1mpg in a mix of highway and town driving in my Lumina at the moment :(, and this is with the TC connector unhooked (I hooked it back p once, and it was not fun for the car at all, slowing down to 20mph sucked as it stayed in 3rd...). I was going to have the garage take care of the issue, but I might like to do it myself. Is it truly a big deal to do? ...and it the solenoid I need (or whatever it is, I don't know much about trannies) a part specific to the 125-C? ... or can I get this off, say, a 4T60?

I'd like to do this myself if I can, as the freshly put in motor's working great @ 107k, but I NEED a couple more mpg.

:)

You need the one from a TH125. Get a new one from a parts store, as likely a junkyard one will be broken as well. You have to remove the side case and work in a pretty cramped area. I think you have to splice the new one into the old one's wiring harness.