my subs dont work anymore.. AHHHH!!!

Cutlass87

i ordered some kicker 10s and a 600w amp about a week ago. these are my first subs i have ever owned and it took me 2 days to put everything together.. lol. after i got it hooked up i tweaked it a lil bit and then went and got a shower to go to my gf's house. it works fine all the way to her house, i turn my car off and go up to the door and she wanted to hear it, so i walked back to my car, put the key in and the front and back speakers worked but the subs didnt work :? so i just went inside and said i would fix it later.. the next morning, i go outside and go through everything to see if it had power, and if everything was hooked up right.. i have no idea what the heck i did wrong.. if yall have any ideas or guesses it would be appreciated!!!

Yeah make sure the wires to the box are good. For some reason the cheap connector on the back of the box that I bought had a bad connection, so I just stuffed it behind the woofer. :?

i sanded down a spot and drilled in a screw, but I have a little support brace thing since mine is a convertible. You should be able to find a good one just about anywhere back there, just make sure you're down to bare metal.

Few things to check:

1) Is the little light on the amp turning on when your stereo turns on?

If you answer no, check your remote turn on wire. If this is hooked up correctly, check your power wire and all the connections on that, including your fuses.

2) Take a set of extra RCA's, unplug the ones from the back on teh receiver, plug those in, run them outside your car, and plug those into your amp.

If this work, you need a new set of RCA's. I ALWAYS keep and extra set laying around just so I can check them.

3) What ohm do you have the subs wired into? Is the amplifier capable of this ohm load?

4) How high do you have your gains set? Most of the time, people don't realize it and they set there gains way too high. It sounds like crap, and cuts in and out.

Hope this helps.