installed HUD and DIC on my 88 CS

NORBI

:D

I have finally installed DIC and HUD today on my 88 CS. It used to be a family car with bench seats and no options at all and i made it into a International except for ground effects but that will come in time. I am so happy with the HUD and i got to say that its like the coolest thing in the car you could ever get :) same thing with the DIC but i notticed that its not very accurate with fuel range. But over all i am damn happy with it. Next project will be digital climate control i used to have it in my 94 CS convertible and i miss it in my 88 so i hope i will install it one day. Just 5 cents from me.

I wired it myself, everything to the Dash, but i only had one problem that i didnt have a dimmer so that took me a little longer but there are only 4 wires that go to power and one to speed and then to each blinker and high beams, everything took me about 2-4 hours. Go to this website and it will help you a lot. http://pages.prodigy.net/gearhead43/DavesGP/page13.html

its same as for Olsmobile Cutlass SUpreme. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to ground the connection between A2 (B) and the HUD Dimmer Switch (D) to the car as well or HUD WILL NOT OPERATE!.

would the same be true for my 1994 Cutlass Supreme in which I'm trying to install a 1993 HUD? I had the HUD harness, but where does the dimmer switch mount?

I didnt have a dimmer switch but cables that go to dimmer i connected to the dimmer of my dash. Yes you can connect it to 94 CS since its the same, and i connected my HUD to the dash i stripped all the cables i needed right by the dash and i connected HUD to them, so you can basically do that in any car that has electronic dash and 94 has electronic one because i use on in my 88 CS and i used to have a 94 CS convertible and was going to install HUD in that car too.