I hate the blue Chevy bowties, so I debadged my car. Pics!!

genEus

I wanted to take out the blue insides, just leave the metallic outline around, is that possible? How are those bowties attached? Are they glued on, so if I take out the blue inside, what's underneath it?

Also, is it legal to take off all the labels on the back? To take the LUMINA sign and the bowtie? Are those just glued on?

Thank God I took that awful dealer label off the back. It was about the same size as the bowtie, so annoying. :?

The bowtie, Probably glued together. You'll destroy it getting it apart.

And yes, debadging a car is legal..most of the time they're glued onto newer cars..a bit of fishing line and some adhesive remover will clean the glue/crap off nicely.

The bowtie, Probably glued together. You'll destroy it getting it apart.

And yes, debadging a car is legal..most of the time they're glued onto newer cars..a bit of fishing line and some adhesive remover will clean the glue/crap off nicely.

I found that bug & tar remover worked wonders getting the dealer sticker off...

i took off my lumina badge in the back but i might just put it back because there is a mark

i did not know it was illegal

your emblem in the front, i dont know if you can tke the blue away, can you paint over it?

saw this online....

219107_45_full.jpg

this guy did some modifications on his lumina you should see

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/249607

I think the rear looks HOT debadged :)

lumi-debadged-rear.jpg

I'm not so thrilled with the debadged front, so I may just paint the bowtie body colored and stick it back on.

lumi-debadged-front.jpg

This is what it looked like with the blue bowtie...

myLumi6.jpg

looks good!

how did that other guy get the bowtie of the front so ceanly?

yeah you can paint it black or something

i took my bowtie off then put it back after awhile but i got the red one

looks good!

how did that other guy get the bowtie of the front so ceanly?

yeah you can paint it black or something

i took my bowtie off then put it back after awhile but i got the red one

:shock: I really don't know. Well, I do know... he probably got a whole new bumper... What Lumina/Monte has a bumper that doesn't have the bowtie etched into it?

As far as removal - the rear was real easy, fishing line and bug and tar remover did the job in about 30 minutes... and I was VERY careful so that's why it took so long. The front was a bit of a PITA, because the bowtie does, in fact, have a screw in it. After I broke the 30lb line a few times I decided to pop the hood and look... But anyways, I took it off with not too much hassle. The thing that bugs me is the hole left from the screw, so I put in a shiny round-headed screw in there for now. I think even that looks better than with the blue emblem but nothing even close to the guy in that post up above... But overall, I'm happy. Especially with the rear... looks so clean :D

I think the front looks weird without the bowtie.. even that light blue one. Paint it black, or at least body color.

Where the hell is it illegal to debadge your car? :?

i dont know i would think all those bumpers are similar

did your lumina badge break when you took it out?

you think i can buy that off of you?

i think some people take out the silver lining around the car, gives it a cleaner look

i dont know i would think all those bumpers are similar

did your lumina badge break when you took it out?

you think i can buy that off of you?

i think some people take out the silver lining around the car, gives it a cleaner look

haha, which lumina badge, the front or the rear and why do you need one? And, no, neither broke, as I said, I was very careful... But sorry, I think I'm just gonna keep them. I'd imagine you could just rip one off of any of the dozens of Luminas or Monte's at junkyards...

BTW, what paint should I use to paint the bow tie? The automotive touch-up paint or just any black spray paint from a can?

if you dont want to paint you can go to a junkyard and find a bowtie from another monte/lumina

i dont if the bowtie in the back of my car will fit into that slot in the front of your car

522298_110_full.jpg

took out my "lumina" badge and i kinda want to put it back

if you dont want to paint you can go to a junkyard and find a bowtie from another monte/lumina

i dont if the bowtie in the back of my car will fit into that slot in the front of your car

took out my "lumina" badge and i kinda want to put it back

Ohh you meant the "L U M I N A" badge :P .. no, I think I'm just going to hang on to that. But, why would you wanna put it back? I think your rear looks really nice! (ermm.. your car's, that is)

And... I don't mind painting the bowtie, it'll take all of 10 minutes... just wondering if I need a reall high quality paint or not. I don't know much about automotive stuff and just don't want it to look crappy after going through a long winter

I really like your spoiler too.... Me want, me want :willynilly:

I've heard it is illegal in some areas as well, because a parking attendant or whatnot can't easily identify the make and model of the vehicle. However running the VIN should yeild the results needed :shrug:

Taking emblems off of your ride is perfectly legal in all states. you can go to your local GM dealer and order a smooth grille for your lumina. Personally I like the "shaved" look with no emblems. You can also go to the dealer to get a red/black bowtie for the front of your ride!