Car won't start.....aargh!!

blackbeauty

Here are the symptoms: the car was running perfect. Then one day i drove to work and parked it. When I came back out to go home it cranked fine but wouldnt start. I e-mailed Jeff M and he said to check the vaccum on the fuel pressure regulator, its ok. He also said to check / replace the crank position sensor, through much pain and frustration, i did (even though it broke off down in the engine block and had to drill it out!!) :twisted: What is next on the list to check? Coils? ECM? Please help!! This turbo is my baby and I want it running again :!:

Check the fuel pressure and then check for spark. It's most likely an electronic problem, but check both and go from there. Just keep narrowing it down and eventually the culpirt will present itself. Sorry, I don't have more advice :(

Not much left if you have fuel and spark. However, if you have a pressure guage, prime the fuel pump, and record the pressure, now remove the fuel pump fuse. Crank the motor and see if the pressure drops. If it does then the injectors are firing and there isn't alot left to check. Pull the plugs and make sure they aren't fouled out or drowned in fuel. With these cold temps its easy to flood an engine and not get it cleared out.

chris