Actual Dyno CHARTS.

Canada

Guest TurboSedan

yes i was blown away! i was certainly not expecting these numbers. IIRC that silver SHO 5-speed (stock) managed 198whp/196wtq....i can't believe i beat it so bad.

i wanted to ask you Tim.....remember my first pull? it got like 171wtq...what was up with that? i noticed kind of the same thing with one of the pulls on your dyno sheet.

next time you are going through Gillette let me know....maybe we can meet up. i still need to get a cell phone though :oops:

I may have had a bad dyno run, but I never had a good one that low. 171 torque sounds like one of my old naturally aspirated runs. If you look at that comparison dyno I posted, it's amazing what 10 psi does to a stock 3.4. I may be through Gillette before Thanksgiving or before Christmas.

Tim

Did I read that right, you pulled those numbers with Sub 10:1 A/F ratio? You have a lot of missing torque and power then. What best torque is like 11.2:1 and HP is 12.3:1? Get that thing tuned and go again :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
who needs scanners!

tgp-dyno-small.jpg

Larger here: http://www.jbarbieri.net/gtp/tgp/tgp-dyno.jpg

TGP

Mods: Cone filter, thats it :lol:

How come the HP/TQ doesn't cross at 5252? First time I haven't seen that?

Oh yeah, and gotta love that A/F ratio. sub 10:1. haha....poor factory chip :roll:

Edit, nevermind I see, the HP/TQ have different numbers for same lines.... :?

who needs scanners!

tgp-dyno-small.jpg

Larger here: http://www.jbarbieri.net/gtp/tgp/tgp-dyno.jpg

TGP

Mods: Cone filter, thats it :lol:

How come the HP/TQ doesn't cross at 5252? First time I haven't seen that?

Oh yeah, and gotta love that A/F ratio. sub 10:1. haha....poor factory chip :roll:

Edit, nevermind I see, the HP/TQ have different numbers for same lines.... :?

thanks for pointing that out! i as well was just looking at it and was like, wtf, they never crossed. heh

also, once again, we went to someone who doesnt know how to deal with GMs waste spark system, so the 3800s' graphs were fucked up, 600lb-ft of torque with the graph crossing at ~3200 RPM, ROFL

gtpdyno.jpg

Mods: ZZP 3.4 S/C Pulley, DHP PCM, Wizaired Intake, U-bend/Res, 180 T-stat, Autolite 104's

And yes I need to get that scanned instead of taking a pic. :lol:

Very nice numbers for your mods...........

Typical inflated torque numbers below 4100rpm (due to torque multiplication from the TC doing it's job), but you still have 230ish whp at the rev limiter.............that means as soon as you get that car out of the hole (and the TC goes into it's WOT partial lockup), you will never have less than 200whp available (because the rpm will always be held at 4K+ by the torque convertor).

I'd say your car would be sniffing at a sub 14 second 1/4 run at sea level without any problems.

I likey.

BTW............my neighbor has a 2000 GTP 2 door with an SLP CAI, ZZP 3.4 pulley, RT downpipe, Borla cat-back and DHP Powertunr with some pretty agressive shift logic (as programmed in by my roomate)............

I think he should be VERY close to your car overall (maybe even a little stronger) :D

one thing i love about being able to tune your own pcm is the shifts

i had the guy change the MPH it downshifts to 1st, and the speed. its soo much harder now, i likely :D

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i wish i had cash to be ble to go and have my regal dynoed for fun

my car is bone stock and is gonna prolly stay taht way for a while ( again with the cash)

but i would like to see what my regal can do

im guessin around 150hp/200trq at the wheels

What's with the whole "I hit 4200rpm and go into a NOSEDIVE" thing??

It almost looks like you hit a rev limiter at 4400rpm.............

Did they have the correct tach signal, or does the car just die ike that???

Still, regardless of tach signal issues (which WILL affect the torque value shown), you DID still make 302whp.............that is NOT shabby :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My stock 3100....120,500 miles.....REAL Fender Well Intake....thats it...woot..

..not bad when 20% power loss is 128 whp...i got 124 whp...

should have vids up soon...if kenny (badassoldspower) will do them for me.

1994GPSTOCK1-1.jpg

1994GPSTOCK2-1.jpg