13" Diameter Front and Rear Brake Kits

your_I.D.

I just want to be able to use the braking system off of the Gen II cars...trust me...it is sufficent.

The thing that I quite honestly don't get is why my '70 Duster with 10.87" front rotors and 10x2.5" rear drums will whip a w-body in stopping distance when it wieghs within 200lbs...

Its not like the brakes are huge or anything...but damn atleast that car will stop!

I swear it has to do with the Master Cylinder or something...

Old cars have super power assist. That's why with a lot of them, a quick tap will lock up all 4 wheels.

At least, all my old cars were like that.

plus it most liekly has a single piston up front which allows for a great flow of brake fluid to the front caliper. Gm has used the same brakes for their truck, rwd platforms for a long time (the braking system on my 86' blazer was very similar to the brakes in my 72 nova). These brakes work awsome, but more pistons on either side of the caliper will help greatly. Also, our master cylinders don't deliver the same amount of PSI to the pistons.

I dunno, theres alot more to say, but I don't feel like getting up and getting my brake books.

i think the ABS makes stopping distance longer too...cause it seems like i can stop something old with no abs alot faster then a newer ABS car... :?

i think the ABS makes stopping distance longer too...cause it seems like i can stop something old with no abs alot faster then a newer ABS car... :?

I disagree. The TGP's PM3 will easliy throw me through the windshield; the Cutlass.. well, go watch the Regal police chase video in Whatever.

ABS is only activated when a wheel locks up, so under normal braking, the ABS has nothing to do with the stopping distance or pedal effort.

ok...well, you proved me wrong...so i guess it all goes back to the fact that older cars stop better because of the better booster & master cylinder...

I disagree. The TGP's PM3 will easliy throw me through the windshield; the Cutlass.. well, go watch the Regal police chase video in Whatever.

Gotta be the Master Cylinder then...that would be the only difference I can see between a '92 cutlass supreme's brakes and a '90 TGP

I wonder if there are any better MC/ABS units that can easily be swapped out...a 2nd gen unit would probably work well...or one from a bonneville if they actually made those with rear disks.